Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #11

Re: 4x4 sportsmobile

Thanks Herb and everyone else. I have been running commercial fishing boats in AK for 30 years so I have intimate knowledge of diesels, hydraulics and 12 volt systems which helps for the scrutiny. But I also realize the inherent risks associated with purchasing anything used. Boats are no different. Anyway, having said all that.. this is the second owner and he has had the van for 3 years with trips to AK and so forth. The vehicle is solid inside and out. Like many camper owners he doesn't get enough use out of the unit so hence the sell. Reasonable. I have no reason to suspect anything but a straight up guy. Nothing but minor wear and tear. Furnace, stove, hot/cold water, outside shower, roof rack, rocket box, navigation system, built in DVD, all maintenance records, heavy duty bumpers fore and aft, leather seats, Quigley 4x4. This is just what I am looking for at my correct price range. The underbody has no leaks and no rust. The engine sounds good. 4WD works.
I can't for the life of me see what is not to like as an upgrade to my 2WD SMB so therefore it is a done deal!

grizzley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Site Team

Be sure to test the furnace. Some don't like sitting around and not being used.

Herb
Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage

You might want to take a look at the sticky if you haven't:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6192

SMB originally did nothing but Quigley 4x4 conversions, then for a brief time did both Quigley and their own conversions with the 7.3 engine. The 6.0 had both 4x4 systems installed by SMB until a few years back. Of course many owners had SMB do the cab conversion and had another company do the 4x4 conversion. Like posted, if it has twin sticks, it's a good chance SMB did it back then.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #14

4x4 sportsmobile

I'm on the next flight to CO to pick it up in the morning.

No really, I would buy it in a heart beat if this was me last year looking to buy a smb for personal use.

No rust, 50 plan, low mile 7.3, 4x4 under $35k = done deal. My only reservation is I like the EB over RB because the extra space is handy when you have 2 small ones.

IMHO this should be a $45-50k rig.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #15

Hell I bet if one showed up with 28k it would be sold. If I hadn't just dumped a bunch of cash on my rig I would be heading over, it should be an easy flip
Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #16

Did you end up getting the van? I actually had verbal agreement to buy this van. Had the cash out and ready to pick up and the guy bailed on me twice. Gotta say I was pretty disappointed.....