Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #41
B^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingjohn View Post
My kit was $991 but also included new bushings all around the front. I think the install was around $600.
Did that include shipping? I imagine shipping the kit from CA to MA would be a fair amount given the size and weight.

B^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #42
MSD

Garage
Pricing has changed a lot since I first looked at getting an RIP kit for my quigley. It also seems like they are busy, busy so it takes longer to get too... so I priced getting everything thru weld tec. Total kit thru them was $1614.85 not including shipping. This is how it brakes down. Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks $590, Fox steering stabilizer $219.95, springs $120.00 fox rear shocks $259.90 Eseries add a leaf $425.00 I opted to go with reservoir shocks on the front so you can save a little money going standard. Hope this helps this set up & has the same shock valving as RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #43

I'm also super happy with their shocks. I can not overstate the extent to which I stopped caring about the bump steer when the van stopped bouncing around.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScience View Post
I'm also super happy with their shocks. I can not overstate the extent to which I stopped caring about the bump steer when the van stopped bouncing around.
Agreed. I've had the Agile conversion less than two months and already I've nearly forgotten how much I hated hitting bumps. Any bumps. Always felt like the van was jumping into the air, swaying wildly, then returning to earth with a thud.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:29 AM   #45

Garage
I recently put on an Agile RIP kit on my 2012 E250 Quigley 4x4 that I run about 1000-1200 pounds over stock weight fully loaded for with all my camping/kayaking gear. I only installed the frontend, front shocks and springs, Wow what a difference. Worth every penny. This should be factory stock setup; I was pretty hesitant at first but really make a difference. The springs are so much more heavy duty than stock, and the Fox shocks are really hard to compress where my stock shocks I could compress with no problem, the whole job too me around 4 hours, the driver’s side shock is just a bear, ¼ turn at a time. If I was to do it again I would spend the $30 and get a coil spring compression tool and a ¾ inch ratchet wrench just to make it easier, the other thing is getting the frame block up so I feel safe under it. My wife who knows nothing mechanically took it for a spin and said it drives like a car now; I felt it right away myself, took all the squishy spongy truck feeling out of the ride and made it firm but not over where you feel every bump in the road. I’m only changing out the rear shocks, I’m not doing the rear leafs because I have a hellwig sway bar and I added a hellwig 3500 progressive helper spring set. My total van loaded only weights 8000+/- so I didn’t want to get in with a stiffer backend, the sway bar I think should be standard on all van’s it takes all the rocking out of the van and the progressive leaf I have adjusted just enough to absorb any additional weight I put in it or if I am towing my trailer. I am very pleased with the results; it raised front frame stop from the front axle about 1 ¼ inch so I have a full 3 inches of space now. The overall van looks level, this is just what it needed.

I look back at all the trucks I have own that had that same squishy spongy drive feeling, hard to believe they let this go this way at the factory. For the guys and gals running the 10,000 pounder vans this is a no brainer to go with the full setup for your van.
4x4Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #46

Ordered a RIP kit for mine a few weeks ago, should be here next week so I'll post an update too when I get it done. I can't wait!

------------
Ken S.
2004 Ford E350 v10 Quigley
superparabuteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #47

I emailed them about a pitman arm and a few other things. No reply back.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #48

Id call them. John was also in Baja all last week. Just picked up some gear from them today!
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #49

John is darn good about answering emails and such, so hit him up again or give a call.