Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #21

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Thank you!

I can't tell you how many people drive their Quigley out of the parking spot and around the building to leave the complex and stop to tell us they can already feel the improvement.

I tell everyone, you will notice the difference even more over time. You will drive places you used to and have an "aha moment" where you think - it used to bottom hard here, or it used to sway bad here...

The real test, one no one wants to do, would be to remove your RIP Kit and put your old suspension back on after a few months.

I'm developing and testing our new Sprinter RIP Kit right now, to have at Overland Expo in a few weeks. It is looking really good!

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #22

Ordered the RIP a couple weeks ago and spoke quite a bit with John in the process. Since mine is a GMC, there have not been many installs at this point (though John indicated they are seeing more GMC/Chevy vans). I received my kit earlier this week and installed the springs on Friday (had local spring shop do it) and shocks yesterday (brother in law and I).

John even reached out to me yesterday and had me call him on his cell phone, just to make sure everything went ok with the install. He is a great guy, and the customer service is tremendous!

Ride on pavement is firmer, with less body roll. The difference is very noticeable. I did not necessarily mind the plusher ride of the stock set up (except for the rolls during cornering), but I do like the Agile RIP set up better. I have not had it offroad yet, but that will change as I am headed out to Colorado next week.

If you are debating the RIP, just get it.
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #23

Pics of install
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #24

Pics of install 2
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #25

Pics of install 3
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #26

Garage
I finally got the chance to meet John at Agile. Great guy! We traveled there for a day of work on the rear suspension the Friday leading into the long 4th of July weekend.

While I have been very pleased with my ride and performance Ramsey had a bit of an apiphany regarding the rear shackle bushing wear while working on Eric's new Smb. When Agile did mine over a year ago, we did not beef up the rear springs. Last week they added a much more performance to the spring pack, fixed the rear shackle bushing and the seals on the front bearings. Ramsey personally worked up a sweat on the springs. I did not know he was still capable of that. They achieved a bit more raised stance and now the van seems much more connected to the road and is even more stable. Thanks Agile Off-Road, super pleased!
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #27

Garage
looks like a good thread to add my most recent experience with more agile praise....

crawled underneath my van a few months ago to find a bent shock and both rear shocks leaking. i called john and told him my situation. he asked when i purchased and mentioned that i likely had the v1 rip kit. that was confirmed by getting him the numbers on the shocks. john suggested that we upgrade to the v4 shocks that were valved for a heavier rig. i had seen mention of that here and there on this forum and was excited to see how the upgrades would work. he also suggested that i remove the fronts and send them to him at the same time and he would pull them apart and check the valving on them as well.

i removed the shocks, boxed them up and sent them off to agile. 2 days later john calls me and give me the lowdown on my shocks. he said that the 2 fronts were fine, opposite rear of bent shock was still good and rebuildable, but that my bent one was going to be cheaper to replace. so he made me a great deal on the one replacement, re-valved the other 3 to v4 specs, added boots (due to how much time i spend in snow and severe crap weather), and shipped them back to me (with some fox & agile smarter than dirt stickers!! ).

i got the box a few days later and reinstalled. took a quick test drive and was pleasantly surprised that they wernt more harsh/stiff as he said they might seem. regardless, all the wallow that had returned from the rear shocks going bad was now gone. i am camping this weekend and will be able to test fully loaded where im sure these were designed to shine. i can report back if anyone is interested.

btw, driving a van with no shocks at all is somewhat nerve racking....i don't recommend it, lol.

thought id also mention a while back i had a conversation with ramsey about the little tie rod end donuts he recommended for the quigleys to help alleviate the joints from twisting. he asked me my addy and sent me a couple to try out. unfortunately, i installed them at the same time as i was replacing a jacked up tie rod, so i cant say whether or not that's what helped it feel tighter or not. either way, i really appreciate the gesture on ramseys part to get those out to me. needless to say, im a satisfied agile customer
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #28

The leaking Bilsteins are out and Agile/Fox is in. At least on the rear axle for the moment. This tread started more about Quigleys but seemed to lean towards discussing Agile Off Road so I hope this is appropriate.

Recently my rear Bilstein shocks installed by Deaver in 2010 decided to push out their oil and with a several thousand mile trip planned this fall I didn't want to have no shocks which is no fun. The Bilsteins were the way to go several years ago and were a vast improvement over the originals but, I've always thought they could be better. The thing that I've never liked in their personality was rolling over a hump they were fine. Nice compression and rebound felt in control there but hit a sharp pothole or rock on a smooth dirt road at speed and the van would shutter as if there was no movement. Really harsh. Also in certain road conditions it seems like the rear was skating. The sprint car folks would say loose like it needs a few turns out of the suspension to hook up. I'm not a suspension engineer but that's what it feels like.

First impression around town of the Agile Fox is it's smooth. I feel like there is movement on the humps and on the potholes. I tried a few panic swerves at 40mph to see where the daemons might be and I felt like the rear body rolled a bit more than before but was really planted. Felt like much more control than the Bilsteins even when they were new. The rear didn't wag back and forth, it just weighted the outside tire and returned to center. At the moment the van has a split personality because since I have Deaver springs in the front and the rear I'm still working with John at Agile to get the right length shock from fox for the front. So Bilstein front Agile/Fox rear makes for a suspension mullet. Old firm ride in the front, quiet and smooth in the back. I'll get a chance to drive highway speeds and on some dirt roads over the next few days but I think it's only going to make me wish I could get them on the front sooner.

-Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:40 AM   #29

Thanks for the update! Sounds like a good cure for the "wagging tail" is new rear springs and agile shocks?
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #30

Thanks for the report! This info is valued as many of us have similar issues. Im excited for you to get the front changed over.
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote