Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #41

Re: Agile or Ujoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge

It sits low for a van on 35s:
Nice looking van Ridge.

Personally, I'm not a fan of lots of lift, and thats one of my favorite things about the Agile conversion is that it can sit lower and still function the same, if thats how you want it set up. I asked for as little lift as possible and ended up with only 2" above stock height. It's also impressive that after the conversion is installed that Ramsey can custom valve the shocks on the conversion based on your weight/needs so that you can end up with a custom tuned suspension.

When I was shopping for a conversion, I had it narrowed down to Agile, Ujoint and Quadvan. Since I live in Portland, it was easy to go see John and take a test drive. John was a super nice guy with a great shop. I also looked heavy at Ujoint and Chris was really great about shooting me quotes and getting me info, and I think he would be great to work with. But there was no one in Portland that had done a Ujoint conversion and the logistics of getting it from the west coast to the east coast added even more expense to the conversion for me.

But having owned a 4 x 4 Toyota with an independent front suspension I was already a fan. We all see lots of photos of vans in different off road scenarios, but the reality is that there is a whole lot of pavement driving getting to and from the back country adventures and when I'm driving my van on the interstate or highway, even in the twisty's, it really drives and rides nice in addition to how it performs on the rough stuff.
Thank you!

And you bring up a great point about how much highway we do in our vans. Honestly, that was where I enjoyed the Agile kit the most. The forest access (or smoother dirt roads) are ridiculously fast now, and the suspension is there for those rogue bumps.

Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #42

Oregon plates Ridge? Are those old pics?
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks
Oregon plates Ridge? Are those old pics?
Nope! It's registered in Oregon again. I spend time in McMinnville at the race shop still...
Old 12-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #44

Which race shop? McMinnville (the town I grew up in) is just down the road from my current location.

small world..
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks
Which race shop? McMinnville (the town I grew up in) is just down the road from my current location.

small world..
Emory Motorsports. I used to race for them in the Rolex Series.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #46
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb
What's the difference in air bags vs. leaf springs? Nobody is talking that as an alternative? Or is it a viable trade/option? Can't wait to see what you all think/responses....
Are you thinking a full multi-link air-ride system, or add-on airbags over (or in or next to) existing springs?

Biggest downside of full air-ride is cost. The more capable it is, the more is costs. Cheap bolt-on supplementary airbags often will make the ride worse. A multi-link long-travel full-airbag setup with accumulators could ride VERY nice, but would add lots of complexity besides costing thousands initially.
thanks for the education!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote