Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #11

Re: Best rear locker

I have always loved the Greason-Thorsen limited slips. They are no good in deep Mudd type situations (Mud Bogging) but for normal situations they are great. They are what you will find in ALL Heavy equipment that still needs a differential (ie no locker/spool) and they need no speical lubes, and have no clutches. They are also the only diff that will send torque to the wheel that has grip not just try to spin them at the same speed. I had these in all my pushback tractors and they would have no trouble pushing 830,000lbs of 747 even on Ice. A Locker will "unlock to allow you to corner but if the tires slip and the speeds match (just for a second) they re-lock and then they will not unlock untill the outside tire spins faster than the inside tire, on Ice this does not happen agian and you slide around the corner in a large topheavy van. They are marketed as a Detroit Trutrac for passenger car and light truck (under 2.5 ton ) use. I am planning on putting them in the front and rear of my van. http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/ProductsS ... /index.htm

Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #12

That's the one.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog225
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDoggy
Dyna Power Lock
limited slip with 4, count them, 4 spider gears, not two like most LSD
clutches should last over 93.5K miles before rebuild
no cluncking noises while on the street
no air lines or compressors to fail

This one?

Dana Power Lok

http://www.drivetrainoutlet.com/Lockers ... r_Lok.html

Thanks

Tom

(edited)
LeadDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #13
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpalump
My favorit locker is the Powertrax No-Slip. Works great on the road, can be installed by almost anyone and inexpensive. It's especially a great way to go if you are not doing a gear swap.
Second vote on the Powertrax No-Slip. I have it on both Vehicles and have had no issues.
It's alot cheaper($600 or less with Install) to put in then a ARB Locker which is the ultimate but to me one of the most expensive to install. What I like about the Powertrax is that it's aways working when you need it automatically.
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote