Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #11

I have the 4” UJoint kit and have 0 bump steer. That said I would probably order the 6” kit if I had to do it over. I think on the 4 in kit you only have about 2-3” of up travel on your shocks. Plenty more of down travel. I’m also running 35”s on my van so get a tad bit of rub on rear fenders at full flex.

Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:40 PM   #12

The nice thing about the track bar in the U Joint front suspension is that it is level within a few degrees. And it is in perfect alignment with the steering tie rod. When it is level like that there is very minimal push or pull side to side on the leaf springs at all. The reason U Joint was able to engineer the suspension with a level track bar is because he designed it with a high steer knuckle that makes the tie rod level. I’ve driven in my friends UJoint lifted 7.3 diesel with the 6” lift and it absolutely rides like a brand new 4x4 truck. Super tight steering and zero bump steer. Drives sooooo smoothly and the steering is perfect. It’s impressive.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #13

Yup just follow Chris’s videos
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3192.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	28551
vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #14

Garage
Here is few pictures for you hope this helps- I’m currently working on this van
Attached Thumbnails
9A06AAA3-B879-4C74-990C-94176D8D321B.jpg   FFC798BD-5987-4252-AA22-D8C2D32A57DA.jpg   1FA7C2A8-3EEA-49F4-9B76-38C4908DAE66.jpg  
DIY4x4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #15

Here was my tear down / build process for my van:

Up on jack stands:

All suspension removed and spring hangars installed. I lost a radiator when drilling holes for the hangars. Protect the inside of your frame when drilling.

You have to drill / cut a 2" hole to hold the rear spring bushing / mount. I used a hole saw. Then you weld the collar in.

Springs in. To get to this point is a LOT of work. It doesn't look it, but it is.

Axle in. Long way to go, but it was a relief.

Calipers and everything else installed.

Sitting on its own weight. What a relief!

I will tell you, the entire process was fun, but very labor intensive. I work on a boat, and have a very hard job, and this by far was the hardest thing I've ever done. They make it look easy, it's not.

I installed my 4" UJOR last November, and I STILL haven't finished 4WD. Not because of funds, I have everything else just sitting and waiting, it just sucked so much, I haven't had the energy to do it. I'm just now feeling like I wanna finish it before winter. Also, I would have went with the 6" kit instead of the 4" kit. I may upgrade before I put in driveshafts.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:33 AM   #16

Garage
That’s awesome!! Good job! Are you currently driving the van as a 2wd? Your so close dont stop now.
DIY4x4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Here was my tear down / build process for my van:

I will tell you, the entire process was fun, but very labor intensive. I work on a boat, and have a very hard job, and this by far was the hardest thing I've ever done. They make it look easy, it's not.

I installed my 4" UJOR last November, and I STILL haven't finished 4WD. Not because of funds, I have everything else just sitting and waiting, it just sucked so much, I haven't had the energy to do it. I'm just now feeling like I wanna finish it before winter. Also, I would have went with the 6" kit instead of the 4" kit. I may upgrade before I put in driveshafts.
Don't give up. took me year to do the whole thing even though I had the parts.

Yes, it was a pain in the ass that looks really easy in the installation video.
jblaze5779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:48 PM   #18

E-350 front axle install pictures?

255 you don’t know if you have a Dana 50 or 60?

No axle shafts?
silvrzuki77 is offline   Reply With Quote