Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2017, 01:36 AM   #1

Fox shocks and steering stabilizer- reviews please

I have a 2005 SMB 4x4 with the SMB 4x4 system. It has the Old Man Emu shocks on it and 120k mi. They have worked well and I have used them hard since I got the van when it was brand new. I'm ready to replace the front and rear shocks and get a steering stabilizer. I am looking for reviews and any other suggestions people may have for what to get.

I am thinking of getting the SMB Fox Shox 2.0 both front and rear plus their steering stabilizer. I don't see any reviews of these parts however. I see some on the Rancho shocks and some FOX shocks but they appear to be a different model with dual chambers and I just see one chamber on the current shocks being sold.

I would love to hear what people think of these products. thanks

abbottdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:51 AM   #2

Search Agile Quigley RIP, there should be some info. I have Fox 2.0's and love them. I would reach out to John_Brindell@agileoffroad.com; they will custom valve some 2.0's for you at a fair price.
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #3

Lots of reviews here. Ordered mine from Agile. Very happy with them. Seems to be very well liked by all.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #4

Garage
agile is the only place that has custom valving for these heavier vans, with a few options depending on actual weight of your specific rig. kinda silly to purchase anywhere that doesn't offer that option when its available. keep in mind that john worked for fox for quite a few years before he worked at agile. he knows fox shocks inside and out. no brainer imho.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #5

I bought the Fox 2.0 shocks and coil springs from Agile and Fox steering stabilizer from SMB. Still the single best upgrade I've done to the van. Get both the shocks and springs from Agile - their shocks are custom-valved for the increased weight of the SMB's and mate with the more progressive springs they also source. Steering stabilizer you can get from SMB or anywhere
sierraskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #6

Purchased the Fox shocks and steering stabilizer from SMB West and I just recently put them on my 06 EB. Made a HUGE difference in the ride and handling. For me it was $$ well spent.
Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #7

Any reviews on just the stabilizer?

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:02 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I should get them through Agile
abbottdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #9

Yup, get em from John.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #10

Sent Agile pictures of my existing shocks (original OME shocks, SMB 4x4 system) on my 2007 E-350 (90k on odometer) over two weeks ago via there web site. I have left two voice messages with them. Never a reply or email. I can only conclude that they are way busy and don't need any more work?
---
Update - finally got a call from Agile - looks like shocks are on back order but they did get back to me and will put my name on next shipment

Tags
fox, shocks, shox, steeing stabilizer