Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #11

Re: Gas tank mod

Its too bad a truck one wont fit that was somthing I was going to look into. So for the RB SMB guys how many gallons of fuel does the modified tank hold? My tank holds 25 gallons before mod and there are two versions of the truck tanks. For long beds the front tank is 20 gall the short beds the front tank is 17. The rear tanks are 25 for trucks and bronco's only get tanks in the rear that hold 35.

$875 to $2000 is unnacceptable for my project. I am a fabricator so I can mod my own tank no problem ( done it lots before).

Does any one have the spare tire hanging off the driver side rear door? I dont want it bumper mounted because of the extra pain to open things up and get in the back doors. I had a dodge and 2 ford vans that had the spare hanging off the door from the factory and only plan on running 265/70/16 tires.

JR4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #12

Re: Gas tank mod

I don't know where you live but there are fabricators and the cost is not prohibitive. E.G. AERO Tank on the 91 fwy. in Corona. They fit a great extra tank in a motor home for me.
dowgars is offline   Reply With Quote