Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #21

Re: Lift Kit / Long Arm Kit for Quigley? Any experience?

I'll be doing my big brake project this fall. Using parts (rotors, calipers) that you can grab off the shelf at any parts store. I'll start a new thread for it when the time comes, but it does require a 20" wheel to clear them.
My end goal is 20" wheels and 37" tires.

As for the control arm upgrade; I'm curious what lift springs are in that CCV kit. More specifically, what the rating is on the coils.

Adventr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #22

That 5.4 will need some more gear with 35's. I have 4.88's in mine.
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #23

Thanks for starting this thread!
I thought about the CCV suspension upgrade, at least the arms. But then taking the front coils and rear springs to National Spring or Deaver to have a custom set made up.

If it improves ride, travel, and handling then it'd be worth every penny. Otherwise, I really don't like the way my 1995 Quigley rides and handles. I don't get the wander too much. Its just the lack of up travel, and performance on Baja roads. That's where I'd like to see the main improvements. Then again, sometimes I think I'm expecting too much for a 10,000 pound van off road.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #24

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blupaddler
Thanks for starting this thread!
I thought about the CCV suspension upgrade, at least the arms. But then taking the front coils and rear springs to National Spring or Deaver to have a custom set made up.

If it improves ride, travel, and handling then it'd be worth every penny. Otherwise, I really don't like the way my 1995 Quigley rides and handles. I don't get the wander too much. Its just the lack of up travel, and performance on Baja roads. That's where I'd like to see the main improvements. Then again, sometimes I think I'm expecting too much for a 10,000 pound van off road.
Take a look at the thread (http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...hp?f=3&t=11630) I just posted about my Quigley FOX Shox Ride Improvement Package. The difference is "night and day"! This CCV long arm kit is well built from what I can see, we build something similar, but the real key to getting these Quigleys to work is correct spring and shock combinations. You really can't get anything "off the shelf" from any of the shock manufactures that will do the trick. These long arms would work well with the right FOX Shox tuned just for them.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #25

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blupaddler
Did you say BAJA? You should check out my long travel Baja Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam 4X4 conversion system. It has 12 inches of wheel travel (5 inches of bump travel and 7 inches of droop travel) and is designed for "Go Fast 4X4 Vans".

For not that much more than the CCV Long Arm Kit we could convert your's to TTB!

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #26

It's nice to see some improvement options for coil spring vans. Could you post some pics and provide some more info about the TTB conversion you're referring to?
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Went up to Derek's house and had his arm kit installed yesterday, pretty stout, that's for sure! I forgot my camera, but took some pics with the phone, I'll see if I can get them on here. He moved the axle forward about 3/4" for a bit more clearance, got a $60 alignment done right after to set things up right. This was more of a preventative thing on my part than any signs of failure or cracks on the square tubes that were on there, however, he did note that he's not seen, I think it was lower, fully boxed quigley arms like mine before. Also noted was my quigly badge, I have the metal one welded to the track brackets that say "SUPER TRAK VAN", as opposed to the big "Q" badge on the fender, he had heard that ones like mine were fleet vehicles, either gov or ambulance spec, maybe thats why I've got the heavier duty front coils and a bit different front setup from quigley. We talked about the brake kit, he will be doing some more research for that, it does all depend on what front end quigley put in, mine's a '03 F-350 so I'm told from quigley.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Went up to Derek's house and had his arm kit installed yesterday, pretty stout, that's for sure! I forgot my camera, but took some pics with the phone, I'll see if I can get them on here. He moved the axle forward about 3/4" for a bit more clearance, got a $60 alignment done right after to set things up right. This was more of a preventative thing on my part than any signs of failure or cracks on the square tubes that were on there, however, he did note that he's not seen, I think it was lower, fully boxed quigley arms like mine before. Also noted was my quigly badge, I have the metal one welded to the track brackets that say "SUPER TRAK VAN", as opposed to the big "Q" badge on the fender, he had heard that ones like mine were fleet vehicles, either gov or ambulance spec, maybe thats why I've got the heavier duty front coils and a bit different front setup from quigley. We talked about the brake kit, he will be doing some more research for that, it does all depend on what front end quigley put in, mine's a '03 F-350 so I'm told from quigley.

Looking forward to seeing some pics! Be sure and take one directly from the side of the van so we can see how it looks with that front axle pushed forward a bit.
Adventr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #29

REF

Love to see those pictures soon! And tell us how it rides!
Ajamboree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #30

I've written a short write up on my experience so far with the ccv long arm kit here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11606

If you are looking for some more info, just hit me up.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote