Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #41

Those look pretty good. For $110 I'd be willing to give them a go.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Never… really. Maxtrax cracked… They make a good product but anything can crack and fail… I've been at this game a long time (production, testing and fabrication).

Thanks for the honest feedback as well, I always try to make a product that can perform.
THat is amazing.
Ive been trying to break mine for 3 years.

What is the backstory? You should send that photo to maxtrax. I bet they would replace them free of charge.

Kudos to you for bringing a new product to market. I know how much work it takes.
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
Those look pretty good. For $110 I'd be willing to give them a go.
I'm starting to think the same thing, for my first go-round.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:14 AM   #44

Do they stack? I was just looking at the set on Amazon and put them in my wish list. If I can support a forum member, I would rather do that.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
So what are your thoughts on the cost of TREDS and Maxtrax?? Kinda costly for something that can crack in cold or melt with your tires if you don't air down enough and spin your tires to much...

What's the forum consunsus on an quality recovery tread at a reasonable price that has been field test and works really well?? Since I've gotten into the the van life, I've been playing with a few cool projects (at least to me) out side of working on the fixed tops I've had a few other irons in the fire… and recovery tracks have been one of those cool projects.

I'm thinking of offering these up to forum members at an introductory group rate buy of $110.00 a set. They are 5ton load range and we've made sure they won't burn up as well…Personally I think it's a killer deal.

Thoughts?? These are in production as I speak and a few forum members have already been able to check them out. I might add that I have the ability to make a 10ton recovery track as well… tread patter is a little different.
Seeing two of them laid out side by side has me wondering if you could overlap the long edge of one over the long edge of the second one, to help lock them better in place if you needed one wide traction platform? Or if you could even stagger one long edge over another, but have one of them moved slightly forward along the long edge?

Hopefully I'm getting my question across properly.

Herb
Old 11-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #46

Lots of excellent innovation in this group, but probably best to offer your product on a thread separate than this one with title of the product you're trying to undersell. Just sayin
Isn't the owner of Maxtrax a forum member?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #47
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Lots of excellent innovation in this group, but probably best to offer your product on a thread separate than this one with title of the product you're trying to undersell. Just sayin
Isn't the owner of Maxtrax a forum member?

My apologies, if the administator wants to move it or delete my portion of the thread with my comments, Im fine with that... I can put it up in the Hobby vender section when I'm ready…

Maxtrax is an Australian company and as far as I know the US distributor is by Outback Proven this could have changed since that was back in 2008. Both may be on this forum I'm not sure…

Like I've said in this thread they make a great product, and I doubt that they'd be threatened, competition leads to innovation, if you’re the only player in a specific field than improvement is slow…

Seeing others come into a specific market can teach you many things about your business (new or old), their practices can provide you with valuable insight into the state of the market and help you learn what works and what doesn’t.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:01 AM   #48
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditionnw View Post
Id be interested in seeing a photo of maxtrax cracking.

Seems this would have been a good opportunity for them to crack:

temp hovering around 0 deg, using them as a base for a hydraulic jack holding approximately 1800 lbs on a 4"x4" jack base. THe jack actually turned the maxtrax inside out. When we were finished changing the tire, the maxtrax returned to its original position, no worse for wear.

Here are some action shots of our maxtrax:

Here they are being used to bridge on a very unstable mud bank. center had completely washed out and undercut, wouldnt hold human weight, but we took 6 trucks across with maxtrax. Going over meant certain rollover. Wouldnt want them to break here!

Here, we used them as a ramp up a 100degree rock face. Pulling full force with the winch against them. At one point the ramps were U shaped. Cheapys arent going to handle that at all!

Ill take some measurements and post them here tomorrow.
Love seeing these shots, that some serious wheeling and use of a product. Makes me what to be in the Pacific NW wheeling in my rover right now.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #49

NP, I admire the innovators and entrepreneurs. My daughter launched a biz while completing her entrepreneur degree, but after 3 years, just took a position with a medium sized company. Fingers crossed she gets back on board sooner than later- she is saving for a certification to branch out her service offerings and relocate her biz.

Seems it requires being adaptable to constant evolution.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #50

Quote:
Love seeing these shots, that some serious wheeling and use of a product. Makes me what to be in the Pacific NW wheeling in my rover right now.
Tell me about it, just wish our van could go the places our little rover would go!
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote