Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian94ht View Post
I was under the impression some were using the OEM trac bar and replacement was an upgrade.
More recently I'm getting the impression it (or an adjustable trac bar replacement) is necessary.
Is it necessary? Binding with the OEM pivots?

Btw, for those checking out the build link above the MG kit stuff starts around Page 18
Adjustable trac bar has always been necessary. factory bar is just a little too short.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #32

How difficult is it to cut/trim the front cross member with an angle grinder? I know plasma cutter is an option but want to see if I can get away with not buying another tool.
karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma View Post
How difficult is it to cut/trim the front cross member with an angle grinder? I know plasma cutter is an option but want to see if I can get away with not buying another tool.
I've used both. Plasma is quicker but no problem using a grinder.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:09 PM   #34

The Coil Springs cc880s on Karma's list show up as being stock for E350. Does anyone know if they are the right spring? What gives me the lift I need (5"+) if I just change out the springs with standard?
wild-kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #35

The brackets were designed around commonly available parts. The spring perches in the kit locate the spring where it needs to be and provide the "lift".
Old 10-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #36

Have a question

Looking for radius arms for the 2014 f250 axle i will be swapping. Are all factory 2005 to 2016 radius arms same? Which years are compatible for with 2014 Dana 60?

I researched online and got conflicting info, some sources say only 2011 to 2016 radius arms are same others say 2005 to 2016 are same.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma View Post
Have a question

Looking for radius arms for the 2014 f250 axle i will be swapping. Are all factory 2005 to 2016 radius arms same? Which years are compatible for with 2014 Dana 60?

I researched online and got conflicting info, some sources say only 2011 to 2016 radius arms are same others say 2005 to 2016 are same.
Dimensionally, the mounting holes in the radius arms are all the same 2005 to at least '17 from what I've seen. The differences are in the stampings and the rear bushing. They all interchange as an assembly in the context of a van conversion though.

I try to find new take-offs on Ebay. Local 4x4 shops who do lift installs also may have piles of them. Personally, I like the newest and lowest miles arms I can find so I know that the rear bushing is good.

I've paid as little as $75 for a pair up to $200/pair.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #38

Thanks for the responses and confirmations from all.

Snooping around the Rough Country site while looking at the trac bar recommendation from before I saw they have radius arms too.
https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-su...html?rrec=true
Seems like a reasonable cost and even includes the following,
"Includes adjustable alignment cam at the axle to allow caster adjustment"
FWIW, they are listed as fitting 05-16

What do the MG castor plates cost?

I noticed major differences in the Carli and Rough Country trac bar. Carli has a nice heim joint where the RC has rubber busings. The heim allows for some shim adjustments for better fit. The RC bar might be a good value if it fits well out of the box.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #39

The caster correction plates are $25/kit and require that you weld them in place.

I don't know anything about the aftermarket radius arms you listed. It is quite likely that lots of different aftermarket arms would work. My only caution is that they are designed for the truck and some of them have been "corrected" for X" of lift. I would have no way of knowing what that would translate to in the van. If you're going to go with aftermarket radius arms, try to stick with ones that haven't shifted the mounting holes around for lots of lift. Built in caster adjustment is ok though.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Dimensionally, the mounting holes in the radius arms are all the same 2005 to at least '17 from what I've seen. The differences are in the stampings and the rear bushing. They all interchange as an assembly in the context of a van conversion though.

I try to find new take-offs on Ebay. Local 4x4 shops who do lift installs also may have piles of them. Personally, I like the newest and lowest miles arms I can find so I know that the rear bushing is good.

I've paid as little as $75 for a pair up to $200/pair.
Thanks MG, can you confirm about the 2017 year's compatibility with 2014 in your kit? I ask because i found one locally, however Tasca parts says only 2008 to 2016 have same part number: Link

Here's the one i'm trying to buy: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner