Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #141

For those of you that went with new front springs, how much is your ride height changing as the springs settle? I installed my axle last weekend with cc860s springs in a 7.3 powerstroke van and im sitting at about 8" of lift ��. I want to lower it a couple inches but i need to compensate for it. Maybe ill drive it like this for a while. It avgs out to a 6" lift...8"up front and 4" in back ��

AdvRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #142

That seems high. I'm running that spring with a V10, and I would say I'm between 5 and 6 inches lifted up front. Its a rough measurement, but I get about 28 inches from the center of the hub to the top of the fender opening (with fender flares). I'm running 6 inch atlas springs in the rear sourced from ujoint and I have a slight forward rake.

Are you sure you have the springs seated properly in the upper coil buckets? The very end of the spring should be on the outboard side, with the retaining clips about 1/2 inch from the very end of the coil. If you had it rotated 180 that could lift it by the width of a coil I suppose.... but I would have no idea how you could get the retainers on that way.

Edit: When I say 5 or 6 inches, I mean from the lift alone, not from the lift plus larger tires. All in with 315-70R17 I'm about 8 or 9 inches over stock.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #143

My stock measurment from center of hub to fender was 21" on all 4 corners. After the lift with the cc860s springs and 4" rear lift blocks i now sit at 29" in front and 25" in back. As you probably know by measuring center of hub to fender instead of ground to fender you get an actual suspension lift measurment and dont have to compensate for tires. And yes i torqued the bushings with weight of vehicle on the ground. I wonder how much weight difference there is between the v10 and diesel...and im assuming your springs didnt settle down to your current ride height.

And yes the springs are in correct.
AdvRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:21 PM   #144

If you're getting 29" compared to my hasty 28" while trying to get out of the snow, I'd say that's more or less the same. I think I took measurements to the ground during my install last year, but I dont know where I wrote them down.

I thought I read somewhere that the v10s and diesels are close in weight. I gotta think that the diesel would at least be a little heavier, but I dont really know.
What I am sure of is that after I switched to cc860s springs (from cc880 I believe) my caster dropped to about 1 degree and I didn't like how it tracked on the highway. I ended up modifying the radius arms to roll the axle back and that helped.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #145

I went with the Rough Country 5100 track bar, It feels really sturdy and seems to be well made (only time will tell) I just have it mocked up and it seems like it will clear everything. (I know the balljoint boot is torn I’m going to replace the balljoint and clean and paint the axle before final install)
Attached Thumbnails
528727AE-5D8F-4114-993C-91A07B01D149.jpg   3C1706A6-18FB-4DEE-959C-BF94B9656619.jpg   FE12673C-421F-42C0-8E4B-DA553514EDE7.jpg  
jacobthrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #146

“Also I have created a spreadsheet with all the off-shelf parts and the best prices found online. Willing to share if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]”

Were you guys ever able to post your spread sheet or have an e-mailable version you’d be willing to share?
Thanks
Phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:59 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phred View Post
“Also I have created a spreadsheet with all the off-shelf parts and the best prices found online. Willing to share if anyone is interested.

Were you guys ever able to post your spread sheet or have an e-mailable version you’d be willing to share?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Please send us an email through the website. https://expovans.com
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #148

I have my Van at the transmission shop and they are asking how you guys are doing the VSS? Speed sensor. I did a quick search and didn’t find anything. I’m out of town so any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #149

On my UJoint conversion I used an ERA. This is the one Chris sends with his kits.

Electronic Ratio Adapter (ERA)
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
On my UJoint conversion I used an ERA. This is the one Chris sends with his kits.

Electronic Ratio Adapter (ERA)
For my understanding just so I get this correct. The van comes with a mechanical VSS and the new Truck 4x4 transmission adapter to transfer case uses a pulse VSS. So I need to order a Electronic Ratio Adapter from Ujoint?

Thanks for all your help