Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #1

Need some info on parts

hi all, '04 Ford E350 Sportsmobile 4x4 is in the shop in Vegas getting some things taken care of before i head out on a cross country trip in a couple of weeks with my boys. the shop is telling me because it's 4x4 with the atlas system, these aren't ford OEM parts and they need to know where to get these parts. i've already reached out to sportsmobile west and waiting to hear back. UPDATED POST TO WHAT I FOUND.

does anyone have any info for any of the parts on this list? if any of them are Ford OEM, please let me know that as well.

-Tail shaft seal of transfer case STILL NEED THIS
-front axle seals - found on sticky parts list
-front ball joints - found on sticky parts list
-front sway bar end links and bushings - STILL NEED THIS
-power steering pressure hose from pump to steering box - STILL NEED THIS

thanks so much for the help!

david

urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:08 PM   #2

Garage
Just had my front Diff seals replaced and the transfer case shaft seal (sorry, no part numbers listed on my invoice so unfortunately I cant provide this) and I too didnt have any info to offer them. So when they extracted the front diff seals they used the old ones to obtain replacements.
For the Atlas seal they contacted Atlas - said they were the greatest group to work with. Instead of having to wait for a new seal to be delivered, Atlas revealed the options (local parts store had it). Atlas also took time to talk with the Mechanic to explain the process and provided torque specs so everything would be done correctly.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #3

Sounds like you got at least part of what you need from the sticky. Power steering hose is probably OEM.

Our vans can eat ball joints for breakfast so put a good one in. If money is no object then upgrade to the Dyntrac Prosteer's which are rebuildable. Moog quality has gone downhill by most reports. Anyway, here's a few ball joint threads:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...res-16853.html
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...nts-20089.html
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ints-3962.html
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tall-7352.html
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #4

joe, thanks for those links, i'll research that now. do you by chance have any info on the sway bar end links and bushings? i'm wondering if those are OEM.
urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfood View Post
joe, thanks for those links, i'll research that now. do you by chance have any info on the sway bar end links and bushings? i'm wondering if those are OEM.

I don't but I think I ready that they were custom. You might need to contact SMB West. But worth taking them to a NAPA or 4x4 place and see if they can match them up.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote