Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #61

There's a little info on MG's ExpoVans, expedition vans and 4-wheel van conversions and parts site, as well as on the UJOR site since they are also selling MGs kits.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
I'm sure mg will be in touch. I didn't work directly with him, but my buddy did and I was throughly impressed with his customer service just as much as his product.

Shop isn't mine, but they are good friends of mine. They've worked on a few members vans of this forum. Hopefully they see this thread and comment. The guys aren't focused on van based projects like mg, agile, or ujor are, but more fabricator oriented. They can work on any rig whether it's best suited for off-road travel or apexing corners. Installing one of the diy kits offered would be nothing for these guys.

Any time your in the area lmk. Most all my buddies with rafts have sold their gear. I haven't been on any of the rivers in years
Shenrie,
I was surprised, but Michael called me back this morning to discuss his kit. That is excellent customer service.
And I will send you a note if I get up there.
It's nice that you have a good shop nearby. You would think that there would be a good shop here, but I haven't had good experience with the local shops.
bad luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
There's a little info on MG's ExpoVans, expedition vans and 4-wheel van conversions and parts site, as well as on the UJOR site since they are also selling MGs kits.
This morning I sent an email to Michael to ask about his conversion kit, and about an hour later he called me back to discuss it, talk about good customer service! He did refer me to his new expovan website, so I'm going to go and have a look a little bit later.
I did look on the ujor website but I didn't see MG's kits there, but of course I may have missed it.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad luck View Post
I did look on the ujor website but I didn't see MG's kits there, but of course I may have missed it.
Here's the link to the MG conversion on the UJOR website:
Ujointoffroad
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #65

Quote:
1der,
I'm glad to hear that your happy with the Agile TTB van, if I wanted to wait that is what I would do.
But I did check ujor's website and it turns out there is a shop in Durango, Co. that has installed some of his kits. So I am going to call them tomorrow, and see if they can give me a rough estimate.
If you're talking about Built To Last those guys are top-shelf.

And the Animas offers the daily stretch about 200 yds away.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarvan View Post
...explain there are over 5,000 forum members who have access to the infomation.
Sometimes workers don't understand customer service. Owners OTOH, can generally be counted on to understand lost revenues.

Pretty much everyone will step on their 'willy' once in a while.
I usually make it a point to stop and put on my golf shoes first..
E-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
Here's the link to the MG conversion on the UJOR website:
Ujointoffroad

O.K. that's good to know. I went to the link you provided and looked it over, it looks to be a very simple kit. Michael mentioned that welding wasn't needed either.
But on ujor's website I don't think he states that the coil spring kit is by MG.
Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
If you're talking about Built To Last those guys are top-shelf.

And the Animas offers the daily stretch about 200 yds away.

JoeH,
Yeah, that's the shop that is mentioned on ujor's website. So I will give them a call in the morning, after looking at their website also, it seems like they can repair almost anything.
Have you had personal experience with them?
And I love the Durango area, riding on the steam train is so cool.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #69

Quote:
JoeH,
Yeah, that's the shop that is mentioned on ujor's website. So I will give them a call in the morning, after looking at their website also, it seems like they can repair almost anything.
Have you had personal experience with them?
And I love the Durango area, riding on the steam train is so cool.
Yes, they helped me out when I cracked an injector. Dropped it off on a Sunday and it was done on Thurs. They were great to work with and I did notice they had a van conversion or two happening.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:23 PM   #70

This thread is a bummer

I live in Utah, where advanced is based. I also live in my van. At first I thought I lucked out to be so close to a conversion company but after reading this thread it sounds like if nothing else I'll be treated like crap and have to wait forever to get a final product. You'd think the 13k they quoted me would be enough to get a good product and service but I've read so many horror stories I'm afraid to use this company now. The bummer is I don't know any other way to go about getting it all done. Perhaps I can order a Ujoint kit and pay "All about trucks" to install it.
Hands is offline   Reply With Quote