Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #31

Garage
Vanzila, you might also want to talk with Michael at MG Metalworks. He's in the Portland area, and is doing some interesting things with 4x4 conversions.
MG Metalworks
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ans-17822.html
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ect-10952.html

Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #32

Great, ill look into MG Are they doing conversion work in house? or just selling kits?
I need to update my Rear Axle to Disk. And i really need an Interior as mine is just a cargo van with no interior pieces at all. IT was covered in Dyna-mat years ago but that has all fallen off now.
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:48 PM   #33

*Generally* I think upgrading springs, even if it requires new mounts/shackles is the path of least resistance. However, that alone will probably not solve all steering issues (Jsweezy's original setup was hugely bound up by the short trac-bar) or braking issues (anything older will have smaller brakes than even a 2wd drive from '08+). Dumping the whole setup for a modern axle will fix all that, so it might not be much more $ by the time everything is addressed.

I really like TTB setups, however I have some reservations... Mainly load capacity (4600 FAWR D50 vs 6000 FAWR for a newer D60) and brake options. 4600 is fine for a basic build, but not for a full SMB style conversion with heavy bumpers, or a van that hauls a lot inside or up top. Boywonder has made bigger brakes work on an older Quigley which would probably be similar to a D50 TTB upgrade, but there's something to be said for being able to buy parts at parts store or dealer.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:27 AM   #34

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzila View Post
Great, ill look into MG Are they doing conversion work in house? or just selling kits?
I need to update my Rear Axle to Disk. And i really need an Interior as mine is just a cargo van with no interior pieces at all. IT was covered in Dyna-mat years ago but that has all fallen off now.
MG is doing conversion work in house, and is also developing a DIY kit. In addition to 4WD conversions, Michael also does van interiors and just about any mechanical work that you might need.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
MG is doing conversion work in house, and is also developing a DIY kit. In addition to 4WD conversions, Michael also does van interiors and just about any mechanical work that you might need.
I'm going to be holding back on interiors for a while longer. I don't have adequate space for doing those right and I have some higher priorities that need to be finished first.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
I'm going to be holding back on interiors for a while longer. I don't have adequate space for doing those right and I have some higher priorities that need to be finished first.
I just sent you a PM via FB. Thats to bad about the interior I have needed one for 20 years . Do you recommend anyone? Or a place i can get stuff like Door Panels Head liners etc.. For the Cargo Area.

thanks!.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #37

Garage
^^^ 4X4 Vans - Conversions, Buses, Campers & Motorhomes by QuadVan
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Yup , Hes to busy with the Transits now. He said he would love to but he is only doing the new Transit. >
Old 11-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #39

Garage
bummer and sorry to hear. I guess business is good when you have to turn down work....
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:08 AM   #40

who did my 4x4 conversion?

I have reviewed all of this thread and hoped that the posters here could help me out.

I have a AEV converted Van/Ambulance that is 4x4 but I don't know who built the conversion. I am hoping that someone can help me identify the setup. I believe that I have a 60 Dana and it is leaf springs up front. It drives pretty good and handles well. AEV has been no help. Quigley did not do the conversion. Nothing on the body identifies the who did the conversion.

My 4x4 "engage lite" is different and light is spelled "lite." I hope that means something to someone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByY...ew?usp=sharing

I appreciate the help
deshet is offline   Reply With Quote