Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #141

Garage
pretty dang cool. was nice to be able to see all the little stuff that was done in this build that this thread didnt (possibly couldnt?) showcase.

didnt see/hear any mention of you in that video though

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #142

Awesome, congrats again on a job well done and the cool pub thats coming along with it.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
pretty dang cool. was nice to be able to see all the little stuff that was done in this build that this thread didnt (possibly couldnt?) showcase.

didnt see/hear any mention of you in that video though
If you blinked at all, you missed seeing me working on the interior. I did get a handful of photos with (not the correct version of) my logo though.... At least there's that.

I could be upset about it but what's the point now? At the end of the day, I built a one-off interior for a vehicle that was prominently placed at SEMA. Not many builders ever get a chance to do that. It was a good experience and it proved out a lot of ideas I had about interiors. Now I can build my own van (and other's vans) better.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #144

Does anyone know what exhaust components were used from Magnaflow? The guys said they put it together using universal parts.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #145

Can't buy publicity like that. Salute the craftsmen and women involved.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."
Old 03-02-2016, 05:22 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Does anyone know what exhaust components were used from Magnaflow? The guys said they put it together using universal parts.
I was curious too, but much more curious why all that time was spent showcasing Magnaflow but not even one second of what the van sounds like. Not a complaint, but pretty unusual.

Anyway, great vid and congrats MG and Chris.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #147

Crazy cool!
Can anyone please share the source for the Sienna "like" leather fabric?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #148

The rear seat was done with custom dyed leather from Danfield Inc. in SoCal. I sent them a headrest from the Sienna seat and they color matched the hides. Another company close to them did the perforation. Wasn't what I would call cheap but reasonable considering our timeline and expediting.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #149

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
It has an amazing exhaust system, a work of art really. Sounds pretty good too. It was all custom built, but I would guess Magnaflow has the designed saved.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:06 AM   #150

Garage
^^^ i was bummed we didnt get a sample either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
If you blinked at all, you missed seeing me working on the interior. I did get a handful of photos with (not the correct version of) my logo though.... At least there's that.
if i knew what you looked like, i may have seen you, lol. i assumed you were in there somewhere. just thought you might get some airtime to plug like the other vendors did. regardless, your contributions to the project turned out great. hopefully he plugs you well when asked about the areas you (friends and fam included) worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
cant tell exactly from the vid, but from what they show, if i had to guess... 2 of these mufflers.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12568

would have to get exact dimensions of each can to get exact ones they used, but any of these would be very similar. would just need to know inlet/outlet dimensions. cant tell if they are 2.5 or 3". hard for me to tell pipe size from the vid

remember, longer the can = more sound deadening = more quieter. shorter the can, of course the opposite. and keep in mind straight through designs typically wear out as the sound deadening wears out/burns away. so they dont sound the same forever. some people prefer a chambered muffler for that reason. typically a little less hp, but sounds stays the same.

the tip looked a lot like this one, but again, hard to tell without knowing exact dimensions.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=35231

then it looks like they bumped up to a 3-3.5" after the second can to the tip, so one of their universal y pipes like this.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10778

then of course various crap from this page. u-bends, hangers etc.

https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive...e/accessories/

if your having a regular muffler shop build it, make sure they use the u-bends instead of crush bending the pipes like most muffler shops do. you get more hp's that way
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote