Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2016, 09:50 AM   #11

Thanks for the review MountainBikeRoamer. For the same reason, that it is a mechanical locker, I researched the OX Locker for my '99 E350 with a Dana 60 full float with 32 spline axles. In this case I'd swap to 35 spline axles.

It is on my build list but, a ways off before I eventually get to it. I'm curios, do you mind sharing how much the locker and install cost you? To do the axle swap, install the locker with new bearings etc I'd be around $2100 or more.

Also, please do let us know how this thing performs and where it allows you to roam that you previously where not able to reach.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #12

Garage
B350,

It looks like the parts totaled around $1900, not including labor.
This accounted for *everything*......the locker unit, gears, bearings, all gaskets/seals, gear oil, cables for the OX Locker actuators, etc....

Your part costs would obviously be cheaper if you're not re-gearing.

This part total was for a pretty thorough rebuild of the rear axle. All bearings and seals were replaced throughout, and the rear was also re-geared to 4:10 using Dana Spicer OEM gears -- and there may have been slightly less-expensive gears available from a different vendor. These were around $400 or so for the set alone, so if your gearing is already where you want it, you're that much ahead of the game.

If you're curious, here's the complete part list.

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #13
MSD

Garage
Thanks for all the info and creating a thread so folks have more options, this will be something I will be doing this spring so glad to know about OX.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:10 PM   #14

Reviving an older thread here as I have been looking at the OX lockers. Thank you for posting the exact parts numbers! Curious how the install works/looks in the front cab with the cable version.

Cheers!
Forrestvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 10:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrestvt View Post
Reviving an older thread here as I have been looking at the OX lockers. Thank you for posting the exact parts numbers! Curious how the install works/looks in the front cab with the cable version.

Cheers!
Pretty sure I saw UJOR or UJOR CO post a photo of the cable actuated shifter in the cab, but of course I can't find it anymore. Anyway it seems like UJOR's preferred locker is the OX cable actuated, and that's what I'll be getting in my van. Happy to post up photos once it's installed, but who knows how long that will be...
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #16

Here's a photo of the cab on an E350 ambulance for sale on ExPo. Not a great photo but you can see the locker lever forward of the T-case shifter:
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/a...5-jpeg.697651/
Old 01-03-2022, 06:37 PM   #17

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I did just come across this walkthrough video of Justin's rig w/ Ox locker and he shows the locker lever and transfer case lever pretty clearly here:

https://youtu.be/Q4rRZlhfCoM?t=327
Old 01-04-2022, 07:11 PM   #18

Coming late into this, UJoint installed a OX, manual on my semi Danna 60. The cool looking handle sits behind the 4WD handle with the wire exiting at a 45deg angle. I can post pictures in a few days, biz traveling.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote