Old 03-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraHawk View Post
Tom Did the folks at Dynatrac called that the ProRoc 60?

I'm not sure which vendor SMB was using for front axles, but them purchasing direct from Dynatrac's lineup sounds likely, which one they used should be in your paperwork.

BTW, you can add Dynatrac's hub assembly to most Dana 60 knuckles, not just Dynatrac's remanufactured Dana axle assemblies, which is the direction a lot of the truck guys move after replacing a few bad Dana unit wheel bearing assemblies. Spintec is another brand I've come across, which is a little cheaper, not sure of the quality. At the point a guy has switched to an aftermarket hub and bearing assy, the hub, spindle, bearings and seals are Dyna proprietary, which is just as well, because the Dana unit bearing design, with close together inner and outer bearings, non-servicable bearings, is crap, in my opinion.

Knowing which year they started with on yours would be handy, for sourcing balljoints, as I think Dana made some small changes to the "C" and the knuckle set during the lifecycle of a particular year range. Dana also made some small changes to the center section, which would also be handy to know.