Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #21

Re: Quigley - it is very bad

For the record, Quigley maintains a comprehensive inventory of parts for their conversions all the way back to 1974. Being the only authorized Ford Ship Through account in the world for four wheel drive conversions mandates that a support mechanism be in place to handle any issue that may arise.

Larry Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #22

Uh.... QuadVan = Dropship #88VLN6

So no, Quigley is not the only one.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #23

We need to be clear on the difference between "Drop Ship" and "Ship Thru". According to Ford, "Ship-through status differs from drop-ship status, available to nearly any firm that has sufficient credit, in that no engineering review is required for drop-ship". Quigley had to conduct crash tests, have remote facilities perform testing for maintaining FMVSS certification, and conduct testing realitive to certification with C.A.R.B. Quigley is the only company in the world that has attained the level of acceptance with Ford whereby Ford will not only deliver the unit but will also pick it back up and deliver it to any of their dealers in the country. So here you have Ford touching and delivering this altered, untitled vehicle to one of their dealers. Big difference from "Drop Ship" since freight terminates at that drop ship location as far as Ford is concerned.
Larry Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #24

Dear ProfessorPaddle, your thoughts are deep, as fiord, but are directed against the current that is strange for kayaker. Server Mail.ru - mass free server which forbid sometimes because of spam, this truth. Therefore I duplicated letters from box on Gmail.com. Also didn't receive on it the answer. You wish to tell, what Google too have banned for spam?..

Corporation Ford doesn't shun to answer on mail.ru. ARB answers, Autometer answers, Quadravan answers. But Quigley has such powerful protection against spam, it is impossible what to punch from any box. Surprising effect.

Quote:
For the record, Quigley maintains a comprehensive inventory of parts for their conversions all the way back to 1974. Being the only authorized Ford Ship Through account in the world for four wheel drive conversions mandates that a support mechanism be in place to handle any issue that may arise.
Larry, if it was the truth, whence there was this theme at forum, how you think?..

There is saying that to the foul dancer always disturb eggs. What part of body disturb Quigley to answer the clients, if he all time complains of e-mail?

All are free and can return to the burgers. Russian masters already make arms under my drawings, no problems. I exclude word Quigley from all signatures.

Russian name road that place where are going to pass...
Mmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #25

Russian Vodka
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpalump
Russian Vodka
No, brother. Very good French red dry wine...

Russian name road that place where are going to pass...
Mmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPaddle
3. Try to remember that regardless of number 2, Quigley is not focused in the business of retail part sales even in our own country. They convert vans and only until recently did they even offer to help with used vehicles. So try using more of the approach from #1
If I understand it correctly, you can buy a new Quigley 4x4 van but if you break it, you will not receive any parts to repair!!! only choice buy a new one to replace the broken one...
You might have missed the word "focused". Sportsmobile sells parts, heck even toyota makes and sells certain parts but they are "Focused" on selling vehicles not "Focused" on making parts for retail sale. Do they do it ... of course that's part of selling vehicles and selling a modification service.

Perhaps I was a bit unclear in what I meant.
1980 Vanagon Westy (Taylor)
ProfessorPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #28

For what its worth. I have e-mailed quigley 3 times for part numbers and each time received a part number response the next business day. I was impressed with how fast they responded considering they were not actually going to sell the parts (they gave out stock ford part numbers and suggested I go to my local dealer).

Sorry
teeots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #29

It would also seem that Quigley are the most wide spread 4x4 conversion sold outside the US. In Switzerland most 4x4 vans are Quigley and most of them are either ambulances or speciality vehicles so the companies/government must have checked good after-sales parts supplies...
+ 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Hirsch
+ 1972 Saab 96 V4 (not running)
+ fixed house (Argh)
saabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #30
Site Team

[In reffering to a post that has been deleted by a Admin for being offensive]

Honestly, I'd be more inclined to ban you than him. At least he has the excuse that English isn't his native language. He has "attacked" a company, but he hasn't made any personal, juvenile comments about particular individuals like you just made. Lose the personal attacks.

Herb