Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

Salem Kroger Conversion - ABS Sensor Replacement

Hello all,

I have an 05 E350 with Salem/Kroger coil front conversion, that I received zero documentation regarding the conversion. Theoretically the front end is off of a 05 F350 using 95% Ford parts. That has proven mostly true. But I'm stumped trying to replace a bad ABS sensor. The part number is turning up nothing in online searches, and the Ford part does not work (ABS fault continues).

Any ideas?

Part number off of the bad sensor.

pwc 69 abs-d 40900

Ford dealer has tried to find, independent shops have tried too.... other than ordering a bunch of different options, I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

Yovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #2

if you post some pics of the axle and sensor, I can possibly help.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

Thank you! I will shoot and post this weekend. Appreciate it very much.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #4

Try getting a hold of Craig at White feather conversions
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:12 AM   #5

You need a sensor that fits your axle, but is electrically correct for your van.

I used Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com to look at the sensors for different years (slight pain, but not too bad compared to pulling the rotors off and splicing cables). You can see when they change over for both the f-series and the e-series. You want one for the f-series that physically looks like the one you have, but if from the same era as the ones used on your e-series. Keep in mind that they likely didn't cut the two over in the same year.

In my case at least I had to splice the cable since the connectors for the sensors that work had plugs with the wrong gender. (I think I ended up splicing the end on the van so I don't have to do it again...)

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #6

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #7

Thank you Mad Science. This is a big help as well. Now that I have images, and your information, perhaps MG's help--I should be able to piece it together. Maybe I'll rejoin the ranks of those with ABS someday soon...