Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #51

It's almost all F150 parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelnam View Post
It's almost all F150 parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The diff, CV axles and t-case may be from an F150 but the knuckles are not. Control arms are Transit, struts are Transit. The two vehicles are vastly different.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #53

Ford E-350 Licence plate "bucket" retrofit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
I'm a little late on this, but back in 2008 Ford was touting that they had fixed this:

All models feature a new, steel-reinforced license plate bucket. The E-Guard system installs in the steel bucket for added security, while the lock itself has been re-enforced with a steel flange.

"The steel reinforced license-plate bucket is nearly impossible to break through," said Brown. "And the flange on the lock eliminates the ability to use a screw driver or other tool to wedge out the lock. Our commercial customers can now feel as secure as the items inside their vehicle."

Did this not pan out? Is it a good upgrade for people with the 1993-2007 models?
Sorry to bump this old thread, but did anybody ever come up with a retrofit solution for the older (2001-2007) Ford E-350 plastic license plate "bucket"? Will the 2008 Ford parts fit? Anybody got any photos of a solution to make this plastic piece of s*%t more impenetrable?
'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:33 PM   #54
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSeeker View Post
Sorry to bump this old thread, but did anybody ever come up with a retrofit solution for the older (2001-2007) Ford E-350 plastic license plate "bucket"? Will the 2008 Ford parts fit? Anybody got any photos of a solution to make this plastic piece of s*%t more impenetrable?
I had my own E250 invaded by the easy access license plate holder----the crooks were very talented and skilled--they only had to punch inward on the lock cylinder and were almost instantly inside.

What I did was install electronic dead bolts like these: http://https://www.ebay.com/itm/Elec...53.m1438.l2649 These particular guys are great to deal with but something very similar can be found from an outfit called A1 Electric: https://www.a1electric.com/catalog/cat_dead.htm Personally I had issues with them, they've pretty much clueless about their own for sale products, take that FWIW.

These are simply awesome to the point if a crook wanted inside they'd have to cut the hinges. They're not necessarily easy to install but once done you'll be pleasantly pleased.

I did modify my kit a bit to achieve a better suited fit for my needs, also fabricated a manual release in case of a solenoid failure.

Hope this is what you were/are looking for AKSeeker.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote