Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #1

SMB 4x4 Conversion lift height? And props to Boise Spring Works

Bought an '04 EB last year with an SMB conversion. Ride kind of sucked and the front springs definitely had a reverse arch to them and about 1-1 1/2" axle to bump stop distance. Got tired of it and had Boise Spring Works build a custom front pack and re-arch the rears. Also had my local drive line shop rebuild the axles, rear locker, and put Dynatrac ball joints (bearings, rear axle shafts, ball joints, and locker were shot).

It rides awesome now, no bottom outs yet and it's about 4-5" from the spring to the axle, steering is tight...overalls pretty stoked other than paying for a bunch of parts and labor.

Does anyone know about what amount of lift and distance from axle to bump stop it would have been in '04 new from SMB? I'm curious how much the front springs sagged over time or if they were always that flat.

And if you're looking to update yours, I'd give Boise Spring Works a call. I mentioned Deavers to them and they were familiar and showed me how their s compared. Seemed like almost the exact same springs and mine were built for my van and weight and installed for $1,100. The rear re-arch was $400. I've never ridden in a Deaver van but mine is rolling really well now.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3787.jpg  

Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote