Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #1

Exclamation SportsMobile converted to 4x4

Hi.. I'm looking to buy a Ford E-350 2001 sportsmobile. but the actual owner converted this truck to a 4x4.. It says the company that made that convertion is called Halcon Racing. Do you have any reviews from them??

Fede.john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #2

I haven't heard of them. That said, they may have used someone elses kit. Would it be possible to take any pictures of the van, specifically the front suspension?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #3

Here is there website. Coil conversion.

https://halconracing.com/services/
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #4

Garage
^^^ thanks for posting that. had never heard of their conversions either.

no pix of and no mention of what they use for control arms. doesn't appear to be ford arms or they would show up in the pix on that page. would like to see pix of their setup if fede.john is willing to post up for us.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
MSD

Garage
So Halcon is crows aka zavier 4x4 everyone knows the rep just a different name... I seen enough of his work or there work to know... as 12 or so come thru the shop every year. Plus look at the bumpers & steps is another tell tail sign. This is the same out fit in Mexico that crows deals with... personally I’d go with someone else but that’s just me... the crows stuff is getting better but not worth the chance to me or my family & friends.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #6

Doesn't mention the rear axle. The trac bar should be closer to horizontal.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #7

Exactly. All Crows/Javier stuff.

So, stay away. Our facebook bad/poor work photo album has some their greatest hits. Or should I say breaks.
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #8

I am not a fan of false pics of a vendors product. First off they say 05 and up front axle. The 05 Ford 60 is a coil sprung with a dual bushing control arm which means the is a bracket on the axle where it attaches. The axle in the pic clearly is a converted leaf spring axle hence the molded spring plate into the pumpkin. I really do not like the trac bar frame mount the way it is welded to the frame with a tiny single gusset. This mount takes the most torque lateral pressure than any other mount on this conversion. IMOP it should be supported with more than a single gusset for back to front movement. I supported mine by tying it into the motor cross member but thats me, over kill!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
I am not a fan of false pics of a vendors product. First off they say 05 and up front axle. The 05 Ford 60 is a coil sprung with a dual bushing control arm which means the is a bracket on the axle where it attaches. The axle in the pic clearly is a converted leaf spring axle hence the molded spring plate into the pumpkin. I really do not like the trac bar frame mount the way it is welded to the frame with a tiny single gusset. This mount takes the most torque lateral pressure than any other mount on this conversion. IMOP it should be supported with more than a single gusset for back to front movement. I supported mine by tying it into the motor cross member but thats me, over kill!
Not defending them at all but both of the pics on that web page are 05/up axles. The casting does look like it could have a leaf perch but it doesn't/never did.
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #10

The pic looks like it has the driver side leaf perch but I do need to get glasses. Over due!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote