Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #21

Finally getting around to this.

Has anyone installed this setup on a Quigley 4x4?

Like the prior poster with the SMB 4x4, I'm concerned the steering link will hit it. The vertical gap between the steering link and the bracket is about 1/2-3/4" smaller than the suspension travel between the axle and the frame.

I find it hard to believe that the Quigley or SMB steering link would be appreciably further forward or aft from the factory 2WD setup.

I could relocate the bracket 1/2" further forward, but I don't think I can get a drill in there to drill 3 new holes without removing the radiator shroud which is not going to happen, and also it looks like it still wouldn't clear.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7393s.jpg  

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #22

I would call John at Agile Offroad. Ramsey set me up with the right stuff to do this on my old van when I did the RIP kit. I went with a Fox stabilizer.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I would call John at Agile Offroad. Ramsey set me up with the right stuff to do this on my old van when I did the RIP kit. I went with a Fox stabilizer.

The Agile kit includes a replacement stabilizer in the original location. I saw a posting from someone who went to Agile and they REMOVED the ambulance stabilizer brackets.

My question pertains to this specific bracket and application: the Ford ambulance bracket, and the Quigley front axle/steering.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote