Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Just remember a steering stabilizer is to improve handling, not correct handling issues.

Herb
Agreed! I would recommend the Agile RIP kit for any Quigley, it has transformed my van!

Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #12

Thanks all! I talked talked to Agile and have the Fox Stabilizer on order. I've been doing my own upgrades over time which include new Bilstein 5100 front shocks, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, moog front springs, re-arched rear springs with add a leaf. Also have a brand new track bar, 285/75R16 BF Goodrich KO2 AT Tires and some other odds and ends. It's coming together nicely and handling/ride has improved greatly over the old stock Quigley components it had on when I bought it a few years ago.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:43 PM   #13

Not so. I have a 2000 quigley e350. I ordered the RIP from Agile, and the steering stabilizer doesn’t fit. Apologies for not necessarily having the correct terms: the stabilizer they sent me has eyes top and bottom like your typical shock. However, my stabilizer was a straight rod top and bottom. Getting a new bracket for the tie rod is easy, they make them to accept this shock. However, the steering knuckle side of the stabilizer cannot me mounted as the bracket for it is welded to the axle tube. It is 90 deg out of phase for a shock with eyes. Agile basically told me sorry, they don’t have a stabilizer for my setup. Why they didn’t know this before I installed it I have no idea. Any ideas out there? Grinding it off and welding new seems my only option.
Lilikoibars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #14

Could you use a stem adapter? Many options out there, this is just an example:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qa1-ss200sd
Old 12-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilikoibars View Post
Not so. I have a 2000 quigley e350. I ordered the RIP from Agile, and the steering stabilizer doesn’t fit. Apologies for not necessarily having the correct terms: the stabilizer they sent me has eyes top and bottom like your typical shock. However, my stabilizer was a straight rod top and bottom. Getting a new bracket for the tie rod is easy, they make them to accept this shock. However, the steering knuckle side of the stabilizer cannot me mounted as the bracket for it is welded to the axle tube. It is 90 deg out of phase for a shock with eyes. Agile basically told me sorry, they don’t have a stabilizer for my setup. Why they didn’t know this before I installed it I have no idea. Any ideas out there? Grinding it off and welding new seems my only option.
Something seems amiss here. I got the RIP from Agile about two years ago for my 2001 Quigley. When I ordered my kit I had to include pictures of my current set-up and I have/had exactly as you described. My shock was a Rancho at the time and was replaced with a Fox shock included with the full RIP. If you need the specific part number for the Fox shock send me a PM, but I think a call to Agile would clear up the issue... See attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Van 1.jpg  
Attached Images