Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #11

Re: Tire inflation system to get in my darn garage

So what i'm hearing is.

NO.

Oh well. A tarp it is. I would like a dry heated area to work on it. I guess that is not happening this year.

The pop top was leaking. It stopped raining for a day so I sprayed some stop leak on the hairline cracks and that seems to have stopped it (or slowed it for all i know)

johnnycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #12

I am working on the same deal. There are a couple of options I am looking in to.

1st - I think you could swap out four tires pretty quickly at your house. You would need a good jack, by the right air torque wrench, and just go zap zap zap. I am sure the firs time doing it woudl take a bit, but you would get fast and fast at it. So if you buy a cheap set of rim and lowest profile tires on it, maybe $200 all in, you can gain about 5". See conversion calc here:
http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/

Next, is, jeep guys use a winch to suck their jeeps down, and then drive it in the garage and raise it back up. Not sure how many inches you could get here on an SMB though, trial and error here. See video:

I am about to order up my SMB this week. SO I will have about 4 months to screw around with my garage. Garage itself is plenty big, just the damn door to get in isn't. So I am hoping I can modify for a few thousand and get it inside. I would be interested where you end up going though if you wouldn't mind keeping me in the loop.
purana182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #13

haha, another one for ya. Make your SMB DANCE!!!

Looks like you could get 3-5" though. And if you already have a winch mounted on the front, you would only need to buy one to rig something up for the rear.

purana182 is offline   Reply With Quote