Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #31

Re: U Joint 4WD conversion kit on a 2010 E350 passenger van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
RSC vans have fully independent rear brake lines. Non-RSC vans have a single rear brake line which Tees at the axle. And the RSC button on the dash is the other giveaway.
That is interesting. I was under the impression that my Chevy had traction control but now that I think of it there is no button to disable it on the dash. I was told by SMB that the driver's seat could not swivel due to the traction control computer being under the seat (all I have seen is the fuse box and looked no further). Would you have any insight on the GM vans? I have a call into Quigley on something else and will check with them, too.

webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
Ford offered 12-passenger wagons with the diesel through the end of '09, and it did not have RSC, only the badge. I actually never noticed the badges, until John at QuadVan pointed it out. But you can be assured there is not actually RSC on the diesel. The motor isn't compatible with it. It wasn't even until '09 that the V10 was compatible with RSC (and that is why the V10 was missing from 15 pass wagons for a couple year).

As Chris mentioned.... Looking at the rear brake lines is the real giveaway. RSC vans have fully independent rear brake lines. Non-RSC vans have a single rear brake line which Tees at the axle. And the RSC button on the dash is the other giveaway.
Very interesting, great info! Thanks carringb!
ctimrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #33

That is awesome!!! But it sounds like finding 09 EB 6.0 passenger is more dificult than I thought and 2010 EB passenger 6.0 does not exist. That is great about the RSC and the 6.0 though. But at the same time with the way these vans are nortorious for rolling over in the press I bet anybody would be happy with the RSC and 4X4 though I know it has put the brakes on some 4X4 conversions in recent years. Great info on the RSC! Thanks
sac95985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #34

Went to see Jeff at Deaver this morning to get the rear suspension taken care of. It's going to take a few weeks, but Deaver is going to make a set of springs that will improve the ride and level the van.

The van got a bath after this picture was taken, first time it had been washed since the conversion was started, looks much better now.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #35

ctimrun,

Your van looks awesome!!! I am sure deaver will put about "a million paper thin leafs in there." I think the Atlas leafs were nice in the 90s and still are but the deavers dominate about every segment of offroad leafs. I am sure it will make the rear very smoth. I did a ram shackle flip instead of deavers before and I think some of the people on here might like the One Up Offroad traction blacks with the U bolts going right through the fabricated steal. It seems like these deavers are the cream of the crop though for the smoothest ride. Hey, can you still push the RSC button in 2 and 4 wheel drive or is it totaly disabled? The 4 inch lift looks perfect to me. Nice van!!!
sac95985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac95985
ctimrun,

Your van looks awesome!!! I am sure deaver will put about "a million paper thin leafs in there." I think the Atlas leafs were nice in the 90s and still are but the deavers dominate about every segment of offroad leafs. I am sure it will make the rear very smoth. I did a ram shackle flip instead of deavers before and I think some of the people on here might like the One Up Offroad traction blacks with the U bolts going right through the fabricated steal. It seems like these deavers are the cream of the crop though for the smoothest ride. Hey, can you still push the RSC button in 2 and 4 wheel drive or is it totaly disabled? The 4 inch lift looks perfect to me. Nice van!!!
Thanks for the compliments! The RSC functions exactly like it did when the van was stock. It works when it is on and turns off when I turn it off.