Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #1

Voyager top and shower

Does anyone have a voyager top with a shower next to the wall. I'd like to know how much headroom is lost by the curvature of the top. Also the true inside height with a voyager top. If you could provide measurements that would be great. Also I'm thinking of not using a grey water tank as almost all showers would be out in the open, closer in -a hose could be attached. Thanks for any comments. RD

dowgars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #2

Re: Voyager top and shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowgars
Does anyone have a voyager top with a shower next to the wall. I'd like to know how much headroom is lost by the curvature of the top. Also the true inside height with a voyager top. If you could provide measurements that would be great. Also I'm thinking of not using a grey water tank as almost all showers would be out in the open, closer in -a hose could be attached.
I have the porta shower in my Voyager top. At 5'10" tall, I have a couple of inches of head clearance but I'm standing in the center of the van.

The sides of the roof curve down very slightly and I would guess you lose 2 inches at the edge, give or take.

Unless you're very tall, I think the limiting factor in a shower on the wall would be elbow room. You could always duck a little for the 5 minutes you'd be in the shower.

The gray water tank could be eliminated but there's no harm in having it for the times you don't want the water to run directly onto the ground.
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #3

Hi dowgars,

I used to have a van with the Voyager top and it measures 6' roof to floor, in the cnter of the van.
As Joey says, you loose 2" along the outter sides, and front to back.

I did plenty of indoor showers in the winter, using a shower curtin, folding bucket and bungee cords.

No grey water tank? Do you have a sink?

Peace,

Zugg

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #4

Joeynick and Zugg: Thanks for the reply's. The timing is perfect as I'm meeting with Jonathan friday to finalize my plan. I'm 5' 10" and I knew the voyager was 6' but I didn't know if insulation etc. took up a lot of room.
I'm going to place a narrow hang up closet between the van wall and the shower enclosure to compensate for the top curvature. Wheel well 9"-Shower width 24" lengthwise in back behind gaucho, drivers side.
We'll decide friday but I may need to put grey water in spare tire box for shower and no grey water for sink. Just let it drain for what little use it will get. Thanks for your onput. RD
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #5

Hi RD,

The Voyager top is insulated and my measurement includes that=6'

If you do not go with the grey water tank, you could attach a short piece of garden hose to the underside of the shower stall. That way you can direct the grey water away from the van/camp site.

Good luck!

Post some photos when you can!

Peace,

Zugg

Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #6

You've relieved my mind. I don't want to skin my balding head on the ceiling.