Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

Welcome to the Agile club...

Kinda reminds me of that commercial, 'welcome to the deli' haaaaa but I digress.

Anyway, finally picked up the beast. Holy moly this thing is badass. Two people wanted to chat about it while I was getting gas and I could tell people were scoping it on the freeway. I can already tell it's gonna be an attention magnet.

Huge props to John and the team at Agile Offroad. Can't say enough good things about them and the experience.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5406.jpg   IMG_5407.jpg  

J.Spicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #2

Looks awesome! How's the ride?
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #3

Can't wait. I am all full of nervous energy. My rig goes down a week from Turkey Day.

Wooohooo.

John has been absolutely top notch helping me through thus far and deciding on things like an LS rear and wheels etc.

Yes, please tell us more about the ride. How it felt freeway driving, anything you can tell us. You got 285's on there correct?

Really like the Method Wheels!!
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #4

Unfortunately for all the good the bad side reared it's ugly head on the drive back home.

There I was on top of the world, ear to ear grin, half way through my 9hr drive through gods country in the middle of the night all alone a little north of Bishop, CA. The weather was supposed to be snowy and John and I were stoked I'd be able to try the 4wd on the way home. Well, no weather. In fact I saw stars all the way home...but unfortunately so did the deer that jumped in front of me.

Yep, direct hit. Beautiful buck. Could have been a whole lot worse for me though but I can't say the fate of the deer as by the time I was able to find a safe place to stop it was too far to walk and and it was a divided highway at that point so going back was pointless. Best case he was dead on the side of the road. But they are pretty tough so more than likely he was able to stumble to a hiding place a wait for the inevitable there.

I feel horrible for the guy. He left some antler in the grill.

I will probably replace the headlight housing and paint the bumper till I get some dough for the matching Aluminess front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5411.jpg   IMG_5409.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Looks awesome! How's the ride?

Thanks man. It rides awesome. I don't really have anything to compare it to but once I got the feel for it it's nice.

Trying to learn the handling and get used to the size on the unfamiliar San Diego freeways at night was a little challenging. But with something this size if you need to get over you just put your blinker on and if that don't help hug the lines and whoever is next to you moves real quick, lol.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Can't wait. I am all full of nervous energy. My rig goes down a week from Turkey Day.

Wooohooo.

John has been absolutely top notch helping me through thus far and deciding on things like an LS rear and wheels etc.

Yes, please tell us more about the ride. How it felt freeway driving, anything you can tell us. You got 285's on there correct?

Really like the Method Wheels!!

Yeah, I got the 285/70/17 BFG KO2. I was so back and forth and leaning towards the 16" rim, glad I didn't.

John is the best, full of knowledge and easy to get a hold of. Those were my concerns since I spent a boatload on this thing.

It rides awesome. Feels as though it came from the factory that way. A little floaty but that's just par for the course with big tires and huge van.

Attention magnet for sure!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #7

Dang!! Deer migration in the High Country. Now you just have to get that Aluminess for the front!!

Where are you located??
Old 11-21-2016, 12:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Dang!! Deer migration in the High Country. Now you just have to get that Aluminess for the front!!

Where are you located??

Biggest little city, brother. Reno.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Spicoli View Post
Biggest little city, brother. Reno.
Nice. I spend a lot of time in Mammoth. Gotta get up that way and fish the Truckee and Pyramid Lake.

Good luck with the van. I am anxious like crazy to get mine done.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #10
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Spicoli View Post
Unfortunately for all the good the bad side reared it's ugly head on the drive back home <cut> so did the deer that jumped in front of me.
Yep, direct hit.

I feel horrible for the guy. He left some antler in the grill.

I will probably replace the headlight housing and paint the bumper till I get some dough for the matching Aluminess front bumper.
What a bummer. I'm surprised that it didn't do more damage. Looks like the bumper helped quite a bit.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote