Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #11

You put in a lot of work to get to this point, now for the fun to begin! Very much looking forward to following, thanks for taking all of us along for the ride!

Old 10-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #12

Air Compressor

Air compressor to be mounted underneath passenger side.

Particulars:
  • Extreme Outback compressor
  • Air outlet passenger side aft
  • As an addition ARB 72X10 Orange Bushranger X-Jack Kit
Backcountryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #13

ROAMBUILT Products

ROAMBUILT price list and pictures of wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
ROAMBUILT Wheels.jpg   ROAMBUILT RIMS.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ROAMBUILT - Price List, May 2017.pdf (46.7 KB, 138 views)
Backcountryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #14

January is climbing weather in el cajon area; weather permitting, I'll contact a few of the ol' timers that set most of routes on El Cajon Mountain and see if we can get you out there: plenty of moderate sport and mixed routes, trad routes and some heavy weight stuff too... 90 to 100 foot pitches with rock solid anchors.
There's plenty of top secret boulder, high ball crack climbing near to Agile shop as well, you can boulder them or rope up. We have a groomed, well maintained circuit in a labyrinth forest just off a main highway.
Just in case...
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #15

Nice! I have two friends who live in SD that I've climbed with in South America, and plenty of West Coast climbing. We'll take you up on that! I can lead moderate 5.9 but I'm always happy to follow and clean. Fixed routes good even on hangover days. Great way to start the Sportmobile adventure.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #16

A couple of questions/comments that come to mind:

1. The SMB build sheet lists both the rack and a side ladder. Is the ladder by Aluminess also?
2. I don't see Nerf Bars or Rock Sliders listed. Have you decided to omit? It's a big step up! Also, installing as part of the build avoids re-work of the D5 exhaust and the grey water drain if added later.
3. You didn't include the Privacy Curtain with the SMB build. We have found this to be a key feature for stealth camping, especially with the use of black black-out fabric on the outside. It's also really nice to close and retain interior heat when camping in the cold.
4. The SMB build sheet includes a 20" LED light mounted up front, won't this interfere with the Agile winch installation? Also, the Agile list includes a LED light, what is this and where does it go?
Old 10-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
A couple of questions/comments that come to mind:

1. The SMB build sheet lists both the rack and a side ladder. Is the ladder by Aluminess also?
2. I don't see Nerf Bars or Rock Sliders listed. Have you decided to omit? It's a big step up! Also, installing as part of the build avoids re-work of the D5 exhaust and the grey water drain if added later.
3. You didn't include the Privacy Curtain with the SMB build. We have found this to be a key feature for stealth camping, especially with the use of black black-out fabric on the outside. It's also really nice to close and retain interior heat when camping in the cold.
4. The SMB build sheet includes a 20" LED light mounted up front, won't this interfere with the Agile winch installation? Also, the Agile list includes a LED light, what is this and where does it go?
1. Side ladder is Aluminess as well.
2. This I'm still exploring with Agile Offroad. I should have an answer soon. I also like the Roambuilt Nerf Bars.
3. We have arctic panels throughout including cab. we also have a special web dog barrier (take a look at Raingler.com) for keeping our dogs out of the cab and also across the sliding door when open. We decided against the privacy curtain since we seem to have every other window covering available tacked on...
4. After discussions with Agile we had the 20" LED light bar removed from our build. Just received the updated build sheet from Brian with that deletion, as well as rims/tires since Agile is doing all that work. The Agile light is also still in discussion, it mounts with the winch for illumination. I don't see it on the pictures of the hidden winch install though.

I also still have an open question into Brian about sending a Roambuilt wheel to SMB for them to install the BFG A/T KO2 275/70R17 tire on and perhaps modify the spare underbody cage for that. I think TomH is also exploring that option.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #18

Fookin' awesome!!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #19

Here's a different picture. Beautiful day on the Strait of Georgia!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20171015_142806349.jpg  
Old 10-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #20

Van Compass Rock Guards and Ladder

New addition, thanks to Fitz for his helpful advice. Adding the Van Compass Rock Guard and Ladder to the build @ SMB. The aluminess ladder will not fit with the addition of the Van Compass Rock Guards.

Brian @ SMB Fresno mentioned that Van Compass did have some teething issues on the ladder being too close to the van. I have an email into VC on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Van Compass Ladder 2.jpg   Van Compass Rock Guards 2.jpg