Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 07:17 AM   #31

Garage
What is the window issue? We're still in Limbo, with SMB Austin getting no info from MBZ regarding delivery date.

velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #32

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...=45482&page=42

Start at post 416 for info on window issue.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #33

Garage
2017 4x4 shows up

My 2017 lo roof 4x4 arrived at SMB West 9/28/17 ordered it 9/9/17. Let the build begin they tell me 12 wks??? I'm in the que with a full build ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6925.jpg   IMG_6926.jpg  
Steadijib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #34

Garage
ordered MB 2017 lo roof 4x4... typo

Typo ordered 9/9/16... not 9/9/17 that would of been a record.
Steadijib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #35

Nice. Ours arrived a little while back as well. Conversion will complete in a few weeks!
ccw3432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:00 PM   #36

Garage
Well, the frustrations with MBZ never cease.

One year and one week after we ordered our sprinter through SMB-TX, today we received an email from Brian D. that they were just "informed that the vehicle we ordered specifically for you is a high roof. The explanation we received from Mercedes is that you where one of the multiple vehicles that fell under factory changes without a dealer notification."

So, the low-top we ordered was changed to a high-top by MBZ, without informing SMB what they were building. It was shipped and apparently reassembled before they ever notified SMB of the change.

It is hard to fathom that they would make such a change and never notify the purchasing dealer. If their customer service is anything like this, I'm not sure we want to spend our money with them.

SMB seems similarly frustrated at this point, as Brian indicated that ours was not the only order so affected.

We are currently weighing our options and trying to decide where to go from here.
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #37

velo47,

Wow, what a disappointment, not sure what else to say.

I’m guessing you are aware of the recent issue MB is having with the RB Sprinters and the fact that they are no longer releasing them with no plans to do so in the foreseeable future. I don’t know the details, but I believe it has to do with laminated glass and the DOT.

akfiredude here on the forum has been scouring the country recently trying to find a suitable 144” 4wd RB with no luck, I believe the last time he and I spoke there were 20 some units on the ground and available for sale and the number was dwindling fast.

Not sure what else to say other than this: Based on our ownership experience over the last year life is better with our SMB, regardless of body style. If your heart is set on a RB with a Penthouse act fast and see what you can find on the ground, be it new or used, as it doesn’t look as if there will be any more new units available for (??? my opinion) the 2017 or 2018 model years.

Good luck and please keep us updated.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #38

Wow, that sucks. Personally I was on the fence enough about the choice (see the long threads on this issue) that I'd be tempted to just roll with the punch. But, wow. Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
velo47,
I’m guessing you are aware of the recent issue MB is having with the RB Sprinters and the fact that they are no longer releasing them with no plans to do so in the foreseeable future. I don’t know the details, but I believe it has to do with laminated glass and the DOT.
I'm not aware of this issue. Is there a thread/reference with more detail?
Pritikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #39

That is more than a bit stunning. I'm sorry for the frustration. I know the RB guys swear by it but I still think a SMB Sprinter regardless is going to make you happy. But easy for me to say as a high top order with ours on the production line. I also would be more than a bit disgruntled with that glaring a difference upon arrival.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #40

When you're plopping down 100k+, you should get what you asked for. This is also SMB's problem as they are the acting dealer in this case. I know my companies customers don't really care about our supply issues nor should they. You ordered, they made the commitment, they need to make good on it.

there are sprinters on ebay right now. Brand new.

Tags
2017, 4x4, diesel, sprinter