Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #1

4x4 Sprinter Getting Dirty

As I debated going for a Sprinter SMB, I had a lot of trouble finding and decent videos of someone really putting a 4x4 sprinter through its paces off road. There were reviews and other semi-staged stuff, but otherwise the info was pretty thin.

A guy across the pond has been putting some decent videos on YouTube over the past few months, a couple of which he knocks his van around pretty good. Nice to see how the "4wd" system works up close...anyone have any other favorites?

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

DWilliamsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #2

Pretty sure it's a completely different 4x4 system from the ones we get here. They'd crush the market if they sold the true Oberaigner transfer cases as a factory option like they do over on the other side.
michaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:32 PM   #3

European Sprinters can be had with differential locks. My understanding is that the US Department of Transportation does not allow that version in the US. I surely wish it were allowed.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
European Sprinters can be had with differential locks. My understanding is that the US Department of Transportation does not allow that version in the US. I surely wish it were allowed.
Sad trombone....
DWilliamsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #5

Does anyone know the color name of the Sprinter in the first video above? Is it Gray White? It looks like a good color for a 4x4 Sprinter.
OurayMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #6

Check Pebble Grey... seems familiar.

2016 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Exterior Paint Colors and Interior Trim Colors | Autobytel.com
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #7

Thanks EmMay. I saw a Pebble Gray 4x4 at the Austin SMB shop. It seemed to be more yellow than this one, but perhaps it depends on the lighting.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #8

On one of the threads here it was pointed out the colors never look 'true' due to different technology's color display capacity.
Seeing it live and direct is always the best option. I saw that color too, and I thought the same,kinda yellow/tannish.
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Does anyone know the color name of the Sprinter in the first video above?
It's the same color as my 2012 RWD sprinter, Stone Gray. It hides the dirt really well.
SteveTOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #10

Thanks Steve! Looks like a great color for hiding the dirt yet not getting too hot in the sun.