Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #91

VC's 2" lift kit for their 35" tire setup includes the needed hardware to lift the front end. The sumo spring isn't a lift. You can't lift the front end with the factory suspension in place, which is why their Striker 2" lift kit has the 2" front strut spacer needed to do this.

https://vancompass.com/collections/s...ystem-2015-4wd

If we somehow arrive at the idea that we need 35" tires, absolutely. VC kit all the way with no regrets.

Wrinkledpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #92

Due to my length restrictions I need to avoid aftermarket rear bumper and additions. That means keeping spare tire in OEM location and all tires no larger than spare. I still will get the lift, however, simply for clearance and ride improvement.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:33 PM   #93

Gents, sorry to get us off topic from aux fuel tank on this thread but yet again it has generated a great amount of good info on VC vs. Agile suspension systems. Thanks to all.
Backcountryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:08 AM   #94

Aux Tank Fuel Guage

Agile Offroad recommended the attached fuel gauges from Autometer. 3316 and 3616.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #95

Not bad, you answered my question before I asked it! Where do they typically mount the fuel guage?

Also, the VC rock sliders were not on your list. What is your plan there? Nothing, SMB install during the build, something else?
Old 10-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #96

Fitz, I believe gauge typically mounted underneath dash on left hand side for wiring. I'd like to have it mounted in the small storage slot in our Sprinter, just above the dome light, along with the transfer switch. I'll discuss with Agile when I'm there to see if that is possible with wiring.

I'll do sliders later or perhaps have them shipped to Agile for install there, depends on timeframe.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:47 AM   #97

Any updates on an actual Agile install of the 14 gal passenger side tank? Would love to see detailed pics and experiences.
JFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:56 AM   #98

Ditto JFlo’s comment above regarding the 14 gallon tank. The space is there and I have purposefully kept it clear thinking this just may need to happen...
Old 05-08-2018, 06:01 AM   #99

FWIW I also contacted Agile yesterday inquiring about one but have not heard back. The 14gal passenger tanks are not listed on their website.

These folks apparently had one installed by Agile but they are light on details:

https://www.slowrollthemundo.com/hom.../10/26/the-van
JFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #100

When I passed through Fresno in late March, Brian showed me a Sprinter someone had brought in for service which had both the 20 gal aux tank on the driver side as well as the 14 gal aux on the passenger side. The bottoms were very solid, though flat (unlike the OEM tank which has numerous bends, folds, and perforations). It should absorb impact and also slide pretty well. Both tanks were installed by Agile with their own inflow nozzles which were well positioned in the wheel wells. This is much better than Aero's own system of cutting one hole in the van wall then another through the floor, with the fueling hose passing through the van interior.

Brian only had a short amount of time and I was unable to get any pictures.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote