Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #11

Re: Audio 20 "Upgrade" junk

I think I can provide some insight into how the steering wheel controls can work but my system is not completely set up yet.

I ordered the steering wheel controls and associated upgraded instrument read outs. It was a detailed conversation with the A/V installer (IA) that made me comfortable with the adapter that he had that would tie the steering wheel controls into the stereo system. He said it worked relatively well but may not be perfect. The current installation is not complete because Mercedes sometimes does not "turn on" all of the software available and in this case it did not turn on the audio "page". This should get corrected when I go to the shop and they program it in, your's should already be on. I can't get the controls to do the search, FF/REW and such right now. Still, what works works well.

As far as the factory speakers I wouldn't know how they are but after recommendations from members like frostyone I went witht he full upgrade with the amplifier and crossover and it is very very nice. If you like your music, or if you tie the TV into the system, you can probably do much better than the factory system.

Sorry the factory system didn't work out but there are some very good options out there.

Good luck,

Chumley

Charlie is the best antidote for a tough week at work. I get to see a different side of this great country and relax in different places on every trip. My vacation home is parked where money can't buy residence. Life is a long journey and my magic carpet is named Charlie.
Chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #12

Re: Audio 20 "Upgrade" junk

As an FYI until I find a head unit to replace the Audio 20 with, I went with a FM Transmitter with Bluetooth built in.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DDE4VY/ref ... 1_ST1_dp_1

Basically it has a pretty decent transmitter which is able to overpower all but the strongest of signals that you may encounter. You can set a bunch of preset stations so you can switch to another on the fly if you are overpowerwed. I was able to hook up my iphone, my wifes droid, and our nexus 7 in a few minutes and start playing music. I did notice some "humming" / static at certain times but in the end I am happy with the purchase.

tv
tonyvoudy is offline   Reply With Quote