Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #21

Re: Cover my ride - Sprinter Carports/Garages and more

Last two pictures. Gutters go in tomorrow, but for the most part, everything is finished.

Garage door installed:

Van in its new home.

-Tony V

tonyvoudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
Site Team

Very nice, but watch that dropoff by the edge of the driveway. Put up a small barrier or at least some reflectors.

Herb
Old 12-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #23

Looks great. What are your plans for the space between the sprinter and the door. Looks like you hove 3 to 4 feet.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #24

Garage

Really cool !
Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #25

Very impressive. I was going to comment about adding a 30 amp circuit, but for most intents, the 15-20 amp electricity should do the job, especially keeping the batteries topped off.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #26

Why did you make it so tall? Looks like you have an extra 5-6 feet to the ceiling.

This is really really cool!! Love it!
Old 12-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie
Looks great. What are your plans for the space between the sprinter and the door. Looks like you hove 3 to 4 feet.
The wider I would have went, would have added more to the costs which I really did not desire. Since I have a full, unfinished basement with lots of extra space, the only additional thing I really imagine putting in the garage would be the two SUP boards and a my 11' extension ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Very nice, but watch that dropoff by the edge of the driveway. Put up a small barrier or at least some reflectors.

Herb
Good point Herb! Something to watch out for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
Very impressive. I was going to comment about adding a 30 amp circuit, but for most intents, the 15-20 amp electricity should do the job, especially keeping the batteries topped off.
I had an extra 20 amp circuit unused so the building was setup to run off it. I had two 15 amp outlets (GFI) added on each side of the garage and one 15 amp in the ceiling for the commercial grade Liftmaster opener. I think I will go back at some point and add some additional ceiling lights as the only light in the building is currently the liftmaster light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin
Why did you make it so tall? Looks like you have an extra 5-6 feet to the ceiling.

This is really really cool!! Love it!
The garage sure looks tall in the pictures! The intent was to make sure it clears the two SUP boards when stacked on top of the van which adds another 2+ feet to the overall height. It is hard to tell from this picture, but they really don't extent any further than the side mirror so getting in the garage should not be an issue.

The one thing I should have put more thought into was the placement of the building. As it stands now, I will need to add more concrete to create a better area to back the van in/out of the building. It is easier to just back in because it would be more of a pain to try to turn around.

-tv
Old 12-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #28

nice job Tony
windguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by windguy
nice job Tony
Thanks windguy!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvoudy
....cut.....

The one thing I should have put more thought into was the placement of the building. As it stands now, I will need to add more concrete to create a better area to back the van in/out of the building. It is easier to just back in because it would be more of a pain to try to turn around.

-tv
Very nice project. Should help keep your van looking newer and last much longer.

Other than driveway and overhead lights, would you do anything else different if doing project again?

I'm also curious about how the garage door width worked out relative to your van mirrors. Is the door exactly 8-feet wide? And if so, do you have to fold mirrors inward to clear opening?
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote