Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #31

Re: Cover my ride - Sprinter Carports/Garages and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvoudy
....cut.....

The one thing I should have put more thought into was the placement of the building. As it stands now, I will need to add more concrete to create a better area to back the van in/out of the building. It is easier to just back in because it would be more of a pain to try to turn around.

-tv
Very nice project. Should help keep your van looking newer and last much longer.

Other than driveway and overhead lights, would you do anything else different if doing project again?

I'm also curious about how the garage door width worked out relative to your van mirrors. Is the door exactly 8-feet wide? And if so, do you have to fold mirrors inward to clear opening?
I had the plans changed to make it 9 feet wide (thanks forum feedback! ). I can back in with no issues and no moving of the mirrors.

The one thing I would have changed was moving the building back another 15 ish feet to give me more room to turn around. If I had more money to spend I would have made the building 6-10+ feet wider.

tonyvoudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #32

Re: Cover my ride - Sprinter Carports/Garages and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvoudy
I had the plans changed to make it 9 feet wide (thanks forum feedback! ). I can back in with no issues and no moving of the mirrors.

The one thing I would have changed was moving the building back another 15 ish feet to give me more room to turn around. If I had more money to spend I would have made the building 6-10+ feet wider.
Another nice feature of a wider door when combined with the tall height is that you or a future home owner could also park an RV trailer or boat in the garage. If my yard was larger I would seriously consider building an RV garage much like yours. It would come in very handy in areas where homeowners' associations limit the type of vehicle that can be parked at home.
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote