Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
jdv

Dumping black and grey water tanks

I watched the orientation video for a Sprinter EB last night which was very informative but also raised many questions. A very big one is the location of the plumbing to dump black and grey water. Although the video was not very clear it certainly looked like you had to crawl under or at least get down and reach under the chassi to get to the piping. The clean out process seemed fairly easy but the location looked challenging.

Is this the case? Do you have to get under the vehicle to reach the pipes? If so how do you do that at a dump station with out getting on the ground?

JD

jdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #2

Re: Dumping black and grey water tanks

Our sprinter grey water is located on the driver's side mid way. There is a easy to reach screw cap and standard RV T grip lever that you pull to empty the tank. Typically my grey water is dispersed discreetly on dusty roads to improve local air quality! If the plan is to empty it at a disposal station, a hose is attached on the female hose bib which was exposed by removing the screw cap. Access is not a problem, if you are tall and inflexible like me, it does require getting on one knee.We don't have a black water tank. Love my sprinter! Docd
docd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #3

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Re: Dumping black and grey water tanks

We have a RB and it seems that where the gray and black water discharge are design dependant.
Our b/w is a normal rv type discharge behind the rear wheel on the driver's side. Very easy to get to.

The g/w is on the passenger side and while the handle was easy the discharge was about 10" inside. So I added piping as shown and carry a garden hose in case I need to direct the discharge to a specific location. I nomally have a black cap on it.

G/w has been a thorn in my butt since the beginning. Sportsmobile told me I had a 10 gallon tank, the tank is physically marked 8 gallons but both by math and actual measuring holds just short of 6 gallons.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
jdv

Re: Dumping black and grey water tanks -Thanks

Thanks for your feedback! JDV
jdv is offline   Reply With Quote