Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
The DYI program has some limitations, so you'll have to use your imagination a little here. The upper bed here would be between two 5" Flarespace bump outs and would extend to the rear doors. The bottom bed would lie on the floor between wheel wells (DIY won't let me move beds off the edge of the wall) and extend to rear door. Above, afore, and aft of wheel wells would be mechanicals. Behind the driver is the toilet room I described above. The bifold doors are shown in closed up position; reconfigured, the room extends toward the sliding door on opposite side. Behind that is kitchen counter in configuration of your choice. Behind that is fridge and microwave above it, possibly cabinet space above that.
Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm going to mull it over a little bit, I do like the flare spaces .

Hopperdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #22

So, just talking out loud, why not use a platform you could have an upstairs bed with? An eb with a poptop with a RB50 layout below has proven time and time again to travel/sleep 4 very comfortably.

Or even do a walkthru with two captains and a dinette in back. When you are parked, top goes up/hook the bed up and you can still walk throughout.

I guess you could also do a hightop sprinter with almost a bunkbed style in the rear.

Or even and econoline with a super camper bunks up top for the kids. Depending on the size, could have them above the cab.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
So, just talking out loud, why not use a platform you could have an upstairs bed with? An eb with a poptop with a RB50 layout below has proven time and time again to travel/sleep 4 very comfortably.

Or even do a walkthru with two captains and a dinette in back. When you are parked, top goes up/hook the bed up and you can still walk throughout.

I guess you could also do a hightop sprinter with almost a bunkbed style in the rear.

Or even and econoline with a super camper bunks up top for the kids. Depending on the size, could have them above the cab.
I would love to have the penthouse but the high roof was more important for us with the ability to walk through without "popping the top". My wife and I are both tall. We also live in Texas and there are almost no public lands here. We drive from Austin area out to big bend or New mexico mostly (up to 14hr straight) and need to be able to walk around in cab and use restroom. Pit stops in west texas are rough! My only feedback from sportsmobile rep is that they have had multiple people comeback and remove the fold down bunks over a bed in back. I really wanted to do them because the kids love bunks but I don't want to plan my whole floorplan around them and then in two-three years my kids can't use them anymore due to size.
Hopperdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
An eb with a poptop
Will they do an EB with a pop top?

In any case MB is only shipping low roof models with no rear glass and no rear seats. There are no aftermarket rear windows due to the complex compound curvature in the rear doors.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
Will they do an EB with a pop top?

In any case MB is only shipping low roof models with no rear glass and no rear seats. There are no aftermarket rear windows due to the complex compound curvature in the rear doors.
Sorry for the confusion, i was referring to econolines
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #26

I'd call this a wrap folks! Tons of good ideas, plenty of commentary. Now, the balls in ya'lls court, Hopper! Make the call brother and put 'er to bed!

EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote