Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #21

My SMB-S Build

Ok. Starting to freak out in excitement. Deposit down. Oem bixenon, cruise, rear defrosters being installed.

Starting to arrange financing either through mbusa for 36 months or ally for 20 yrs. Got to find insurance. Must decide on colors...

The final decision to buy has led me to 1000 more decisions that need to be made. Anybody have some suggestions?

I am thinking of dove white/ gray cabinets, gray and black two tone leather, black lincolin rubber floors. Stainless micro. Flush sink and diesel stove. 110v water heater instead of flat plate due to piping of rear galley. 2nd 270 amp alternator on n62. Sup bungies under ph. Power awning b/c it is just so cool in conjunction with power ph.

ilovegt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #22

Re: My SMB-S Build

Black flooring really shows dirt, scuffs and pet hair. Grey coordinates with the large surfaces of the Sprinter dash board and door pockets- IMHO. Also note that the PH fabric has a distinctive tan/beige color in selecting your inside and exterior colors - and your uber awning color.

More Bling:
We had them put in a countertop dish/handsoap dispenser next to the kitchen faucet so that product is not a constant stowage issue and to utilize the dead space behind the sink. Order it delivered to SMB from Faucet.com

Look at getting a automatic power step with light for the sliding door -check the vendors pages on this site
Spenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #23

My SMB-S Build

Very very cool. Congratulations.

I've been poking around since you started this thread and have learned that a low roof dualie is WAY rare.

How'd you find it and is there another ??
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW
Very very cool. Congratulations.

I've been poking around since you started this thread and have learned that a low roof dualie is WAY rare.

How'd you find it and is there another ??
You can always get one made to order.... in 4-5+ months...
tonyvoudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #25

My SMB-S Build

Thanks on the tips. Maybe I will go with gray floor- rubberized or lincoin? Onxy vs whitish solid counter with gray and black flecks?

This dually low top 3500 144 chassis is one of 1 or 2 in us noncommercial. I tried to order one in red but was told these can only be ordered in quantities greater than 100. This is a fed ex fleet sale leftover.

Getting nervous about the white color exterior and the lack of supplemental side airbags but with my towing and people hauling plan I needed the extra capacity. I hope it looks as cool as I dream it to be. Been lurking and planning for years. Anybody got a spare set of rose colored glasses and some valium?

Had a second thought after reading that the full side transit is coming to US next year with diesel but smb says it will take a few years to engineer and crash test the ph on those new models so the time is now. Here goes...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #26

So... I can wait 4 or 5 months... but now I have to buy more than 100 units ??

Yikes !!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #27

I would not buy a first year north american transit - let them work bugs out for a year or two with fleet operators. If you look at the older SMB Sprinter threads - the then new model 2007-2008 MB (aka Dodge) seemed to have some turbo exhaust system issues that later models do not have.
Spenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #28

My SMB-S Build

Group buy?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #29

I can't imagine that we'd get 100 buyers... If we did - then the low roof dualies wouldn't be that rare would they ??

So on to an important topic: I think white is the perfect color for your Sprinter Sportsmobile. That's the color I'm gonna go with...

And... with props to colokiter, I'm thinking about black canvas for the penthouse. Take a look at this:

Good luck with the build. Please keep us posted.

Steve W
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #30

Count me in for a low-roof dually too.
WeLikeWheels is offline   Reply With Quote