Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #1

New Sprinter model?

We are seriously considering building a 2012 SMB Sprinter but I'm concerned that it may be replaced by a new model soon after we've dropped a bundle on the current offering. Any idea of when this may occur?

MIGEORGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #2

Re: New Sprinter model?

I would contact Craig Jackson if I were you. Email: whitefeather@snowcrest.net

He is starting a company to convert Sprinters into 4X4's. You can tell him I gave you his name. Here is an e mail I got from him on May 24, 2011.

Angel,
Whitefeather 4x4 Conversions has a "work in progress" website up with information being added every day. We are at whitefeatherconversions.com We will convert Ford and GM vehicles but the main product is our Mercedes and Dodge Sprinter 4x4 and 6x6 3 axle conversions. The 6x6 should be able to climb a tree with air lockers in all 3 axles. In the works is a Sprinter right hand drive too. Maby I will see you next time you are in town.
Craig, 530-529-3248

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #3

The thread right below this one has some juicy information for folks who want a 4wd Sprinter:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6854

RL
RickL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #4

I had the chance to drive one of the new Whitefeather 4x4 Sprinter conversions, built from a 2007 144" low-roof van, and I've posted a write-up about it on my Sprinter RV blog:

http://www.sprinter-rv.com/2012/03/06/t ... h-america/

Greg
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #5

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

I thought there was to be a major face lift in 2015 which is when we will trade the 08.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #6

The Sprinter Guy just posted the new 2013 specs and pricing on http://www.sprinterguy.com

In regards to the future of new Sprinter products, here is what we were told at our last Sprinter Managers meeting at Ladson in May.

2013 is a carry over from the 2012 model year. Except for a 1% price increase, no changes at all for 2013.

For 2014 we will see a "Face Lift" on the current van. What they say is from the B Pillar foward there will be changes in the look of the van. Nothing in the back will change.

For 2014 they will introduce the 4 cyl turbo diesel engine with a 7 speed automatic transmission with the current V6 and 5 speed auto as the option.

Also for 2014 they plan to have some new options like in dash navigation, back up camera and more.

The next piece of the Sprinter saga is a Mid Size Sprinter Van for 2016. It will be derived from the current Vito model currently in Europe.

I know everyone is waiting for the 4x4 model to come from Germany, and they are looking at it, but at this point the price would make be too much to make it attractive. They are still talking with Germany to see what can be done. At this time, there is no plan to bring in a 4x4 option. Sorry.

So you can place your order for a new 2013, with delivery around the end of October to the first of November, or you can see what we have in inventory of new 2012's right now. Just go to http://www.sprinterguy.com for everything Sprinter.

Dave, the Sprinter Guy.

the "Sprinter Guy"

Mercedes-Benz of Georgetown
Georgetown Texas, 78627

512-930-6158

dgraham@mbofgeorgetown.com
www.SprinterGuy.com
theSprinterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSprinterGuy
The Sprinter Guy just posted the new 2013 specs and pricing on http://www.sprinterguy.com
For 2014 they will introduce the 4 cyl turbo diesel engine with a 7 speed automatic transmission with the current V6 and 5 speed auto as the option.
Dave, the Sprinter Guy.
thanks for the update Dave.
what are the pros/cons of the 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine compared to the current V6?
is that smaller engine option only for certain versions (RB, EB, LB)?
thanks
windguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #8

We won't have the details about availability of the 4cyl in which models until next year some time. They keep us like mushrooms, in the dark.

I drove one last year that they had built for FedEx in a 2500 170 wb. I was pretty pleased with the power, although there is a noticable difference in the 4 cyl to the V6. I would think the 4 cyl would be great in stop and go in town driving. I would rather have the V6 for on the road, but again, too early to say on all of this.

Keep watching my website, www.sprinterguy.com for updates at the time goes by.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by windguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSprinterGuy
Dave, the Sprinter Guy.
thanks for the update Dave.
what are the pros/cons of the 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine compared to the current V6?
is that smaller engine option only for certain versions (RB, EB, LB)?
thanks

the "Sprinter Guy"

Mercedes-Benz of Georgetown
Georgetown Texas, 78627

512-930-6158

dgraham@mbofgeorgetown.com
www.SprinterGuy.com
theSprinterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #9

thanks again Dave.
gee, if that smaller engine would slow down the FedEx drivers a notch, then that might be a good thing
windguy is offline   Reply With Quote