Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #1

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Our Sprinter is getting close!

This is a RT which is replacing years of Eurovans. We like the small size because of the manueverability and ease of parking.

The beginning.

Windows go in.

Cabinets started.

Under the Gaucho.

Still lots to do including the solar panels on top. Should be done the 1st or 2nd week in April. There are more details and pictures on my website listed in my profile. I will post next week's pictures here also.

Regards,

Keith
15 days until the A's home opener
20 days until we get the Sprinter
137 days until Alaska

Old 03-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #2

Thanks for the pics .... it is nice to see some of the differences in the Sprinters.
WanderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #3

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
More pictures

This is at the end of the month. I think we are a couple of weeks away now.

This is the rear area I call the "back porch". There are still some cabinets to go in on the left. On the right I can stack coolers in which I carry items like camp tools, bbq, etc. There is a tie-down here in the floor.

There is also a drain in the center of the back porch for gray water. If necessary, we could shower back here.

A view of the galley from the back porch.

Microwave and the sink. We ended up with quite a lot of storage here even though this covers a wheel well and has the electric hot water heater.

Opposite the galley is the gaucho. This is ready to add the cushion thingy.

Here is a 24 gallon fresh water tank and pump, the heater and a 2000w inverter/converter.

With the spare tire mounted on the rear we will be right at 20' long. Small enough I think to make the Big Bus more useful.

Regards,

Keith
A's home opener tomorrow
2(?) weeks until we get the Big Bus
120 days until Alaska
Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #4

My brother's Sprinter is HUUGE. It has 2 bunks and a sofa/bed and the rest is pretty much storage.

I'll put some photos up in a new thread.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
We saw a sprinter at SMB TX a couple of weeks ago that was longer than any van I had ever seen..... it may have had as much square footage as our house....

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:56 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
Oh no, I'm getting...

Sprinter Envy!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #7

Keith -

If my math is right you should have picked up your new Sprinter by now .... can we get some pictures of the finished product?

Thanks ...
WanderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #8

It was ready for pickup on Monday but I had some other comittments. I am picking it up tomorrow and staying the night in Fresno to have 3M paint protection put on.

Should have some more pictures up soon but in the interim if you check my blog you can scroll down and see some final pictures.

Hey, your math is pretty good!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #9

Got it! Spent the night in Fresno and that morning had 3M protective film put on the front end.

Now that it is home, I have been busy filling it with "stuff." Today I want to get it weighed.

First projects: new horn and new radio.

I'll have a page (Building of the Sprinter) on my website in the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Keith
99 days until Alaska
Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #10

Re: Our Sprinter is getting close!

Looks mighty fine!

Questions:

Are the two connectors just forward of the rear tire the electical and city water hookups?

What's behind the seemingly removable cover just behind the driver's door at the bottom?

Thanks!
bluesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote