Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #41
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Hey Ya'll...MAKE SURE to add the label SMBWEST to your posts (virgo etc...) We don't want to misguide the Forum members here thinking ALL SMB locations are this way....just b/c SMBWest has not been "perfect" for all the member builds here, I think more are built correctly than NOT....and to opinionize that they may or may not "pressure" you into or not taking down a post (again it seems like over 80% of new customers seem satisfied etc...maybe even a sad paranoia of events/customer), I feel sad that a person ws made/felt they had to take pictures of a van being worked on...I am SURE the worker-bees LOVED that too....anyway, just a heads up to responsible posting/labeling of facts vs. opinions
Thank you... Yes, I was only referring to SMBW... It was actually North who sent me the manuals SMBW refused to give me, lol, so yeah, the other locations I have had a good relationship with (except at the very end, Texas would no longer help me and "un-adopted" my van from SMBW, but by then SMBW lawyer had agreed to the warranty transfer). So I can tell you I dealt with the nicest people at North for sure!!

I was told I would be sued if I posted a screenshot of the email telling me to take my "Squeak Roof" video down. But if anybody needs to see it, to see that this really happened (not lying, faking ect; I'm happy to do it. SMBW doesn't have enough money anymore to sue a former customer, lol. I'm worth more money than SMBW is, so...

BTW, I took NOTHING down. Some forums have removed my posts, content, media ect... but I took nothing down. And I never will. Besides, once something is posted, pretty much anywhere, it stays on the web for public searching forever. #WaybackMachine.

I just watched the OP's video again. I'm so bummed for them.
80% of customers might be fine with their (SMBW) purchases... but that means 20% aren't. If that was Toyota or Chevy, that would induce a recall. And even if were 80% problems, no law firm will start a Class Action against them, as they aren't worth enough money (Several people initiated them, but the law firms wouldn't get anything out of them... They are worth $2M less than in 2018, and before that $2M less than in 2017. They are now worth just over $1M. SMBW may not even be around in a year or two. No one is going to buy them now.

But the end game if for these folks to get a proper fix and enjoy their van.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #42
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by regis101 View Post
Nothing wrong with calling a Spade a Spade.
I always get in trouble for calling a Spade a Spade! ;-).
Old 09-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #43
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Thank you Vocal Virgo...but I think upon further research, it might be as high as 97-98% satisfied SMB customers...I can only remember you and just a few others that have had problems with SMBWest (most I think on here are quite happy), and now we know you had problems with SMBSouth too?.... So 2/3 of the SMB locations will no longer let you on site? Is that correct? While researching, my wife KTG follows SMB Facecrap..oops sorry Facebook...she said she THOUGHT it was YOU that posted on that site that you were bullied on this Forum and weren't coming back? Is that correct too? If that is correct, here you are on the Forum (again) willing to stir the pot with ANYBODY that might have a small problem and try to elevate frustrations with YOUR story (and maybe a one-sided story?) of how you were treated trying to get them to feed on anger? Do you think that is correct to, maybe trying to help others get more mad/angry? I have been reading some of your other posts and find a possible pattern of badmouthing SMB hoping/ bordering on trying to deter sales?...maybe THEY have a law suit against YOU...but THEY probably think you are too small and they wouldn't get anything out of you either...as an example I have to take special note with your statement, "SMBW may not even be around in a year or two. No one is going to buy them now." Did you see the press release from Ford that they were extending the E-Series fronts till at least 2020 and probably 2022 b/c of the RV boom? New engine and everything! AND did you see that SMB has perfected their fiberglass shell to make cool Eseries vans again? Quadvan and Quigley are in for 4x4 too! Over a year waiting times for ANY van, and YOU are telling folks here they might not even be around? SO I don't see the logic in that statement(s) and where i have the idea that there is a pattern hoping to scare others from considering a SMB? Do you think that is correct too? Is your real goal is to further a vendetta against a fine American small business with fine AMERICAN WORKERS that work hard to make a quality product? Furthermore, would you agree that your OPINION is a RARE OPINION here for a majority of HAPPY owners and buyers? In conclusion, you try to end your post stating fixing the van and enjoying it is the goal? Then why the sour grapes each and every time? Why the build up? Why not just try to help instead of throwing gasoline on the fire? Stir the pot, whatever suits you...That is my conclusion and I am sorry if it is wrong, but sour grapes....I am calling a shovel a shovel (try that one regis, less trouble)Well, I bet SMB is depending on the fact that sour grapes are hard to eat let alone swallow...so I and I am sure many others, will be having none of your grapes...I WILL NOT let you try to make me feel bad about my rig, the workers and company that built it, or my decision to go SMB in the first place...

and I still have to wonder where the notion that there are so many unhappy customers? They build a lot of vans and there are very very few complaints on here...and the ones that are...isn't that what the Forum is for? Fixing problems not biting about them?I have YET to hear any SMB locations story or rebuttal to any of these? So we are privy to the bitch but never let on to the fix/I am now completely satisfied part of the story (either)? Is that really fair? (have a problem tell 10 people, like something tell 2 people? Familiar with those stats?) I don't know about your Rigs, but mine kicks a$$ and any problems I have had were taken care of by me with little effort or a drive to SMB North (which is an oblivious problem for some, but when you buy from a 1/3 locations in the US you can't take it to the "local" dealer to fix it) And they/SMB make a couple 'custom' hundred a year, not hundreds of thousands (per model) like car makers are building so we can't really compare the two...If I could build a van like some of the craftsmen on here I would b/c PERSONAL custom is better than bought and paid for custom...but I don't have that skill. I have had enough
Old 09-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #44

You forgot to drop the mic

Time for me to log out.

Say goodnight Dick
Old 09-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #45

This got odd. Hope that sink gets fixed and we find out how...and I still have my order in for a fully converted SMBWest build and stoked on it.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #46
Site Team

At this time, this Thread will be closed. What started as an informative Thread has turned childish.

Herb