Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

SMB Poptop with shower?

Anybody out there have a Sprinter pop top with shower & Danhard A/C? Looking for some feedback on functionality etc.

Was looking at 170 build however the fact that the 144 lowroof will go in our garage is appealing. That’s a lot to pack into a smaller rig which will need to seat & sleep 3 so wonder how usable it is. We aren’t living in it just wknd trips & week trips couple times a year.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Outside316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #2

My 144 4x4 with a poptop fits in my garage albeit tightly.
i have a danhard ac too
My shower consists of a plastic tub that I stand in. A shower curtain snaps to the tub and hooks to poptop ceiling. I use the sink faucet to shower with - it has a 6 foot hose that pulls out.
It works well for us - it's game changer having a hot shower after playing outside all day. My only limitation is that my fresh water holds only 17gal.
So we've learned to use the fresh water only for washing and carry extra water for drinking and cooking with.
good luck!
Davidboco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
NOt a Sprinter, but our 350 has a shower/flush toilet option....in back behind drivers side...haven't used the toilet yet, but sit on it to shower...w/o the pop top, we couldn't use it to its fullest/most comfortable advantage...speaking of...best advantage is helping each other rinse off...Yes I know Dave...TMI lol
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #4

I have a Promaster based SMB with pop-top and toilet/wet bath. I had to have them use the top for a Ford rather than the standard Promaster top to keep the height down, but it fits in the garage with an inch to spare. The Danhard was installed under the rig, and works well enough that I've survived in Phoenix in July.

If you go with the wet bath, get one of the synthetic chamois cloths to help mop all the water to the drain you can, then mop up what won't go down the drain and wring it out into the toilet. It will REALLY help the bathroom dry out after a shower, as will running the Danhard + heat.

My rig can sleep 2-3 people with the top up, and one with the top down. Since I'm normally by my self that is good enough.
Wowbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 PM   #5

The shower on my 2014 Sprinter Poptop is super awkward to use. I was insistent on including it because I thought we would be self contained. Honestly we've used it twice because campground showers just provide so much more room, more water pressure and don't waste fuel idling the engine (flat plate heater).

The issue with the Sprinters is the rails supporting the poptop intrude so far into the cabin that more than half the bathroom is encased with like a 5' ceiling. The remaining gap next to the bathroom door (pictured) is barely enough to stick your head through.

Seriously -- use the pull out kitchen faucet and it's probably easier shower inside in a tub or outside in a tent. Our bathroom has basically become a storage compartment lol.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1019 - Copy.jpg  
Ned5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:43 AM   #6

Thanks for the real world feed back & photo Ned5555 nice feature to have but agree it looks cramped. Nice van that light color cabinet material sure makes it look bright and roomy.
Outside316 is offline   Reply With Quote