Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #1

Sportsmobile build with Bath and PH

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and details (with pics) on their build. I've learned alot about the different options and have used this forum as a key component our build.

We're getting ready to start our process, but we did have one question to everyone out there who might be able to get us some visuals. We would like to get a PH on our Sprinter build, but are unsure of how Sportsmobile deals with the short version of the full bath component. Does anyone out there have pics that they can share and details on how you use your bath component with the PH option.

I was able to get a small pic of the shorten bath on the Sportsmobile website, but seeing that its less than 5', I'm having difficulty visualizing how it actually "works" once the PH is raised.

This will pretty much affect our decision to go either a full height Sprinter or a low profile one.
Thanks in advance,
--alex

wittyfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #2

Re: Sportsmobile build with Bath and PH

I have a combo bath right behind the driver's seat. With the Ford, you pretty much have to sit down to shower because the steel bed rail limits your movement. I don't know how it will affect the Sprinter, but yeah, it would be nice to raise the roof, clip on a shower curtain and stand up. Then again it's a trade-off. Having two beds like we do (dinette bed and Penthouse bed) makes for some good, uncramped, stretch-out sleeping.
bratworst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #3

Yeah, I figured the bed rails would limit the height usage. Wondering if I should move to the infloor option in the rear now... Or go with the full height Sprinter.

does the bath combo in your sportsmobile have a cover at the top like a cabinet when the PH is raised or is it just open at the top?

Thanks for the reply, by the way.
wittyfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #4

It has a removable snap-on cover over the bath to prevent water splashing all over.
bratworst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #5

Sportsmobile build with Bath and PH

Full height Sprinter!!!!!!!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #6

As an owner of an SMB Sprinter PH without a dedicated bath (our preference) I don't see how you will have adequate floor space and headroom (although it is about 12" higher than those 30 year old Fords ) in a 144. Go with a hightop 177 model. If you want an enclosed toilet/shower, do it right. Cost wise its about the same for 177 with basic bath, as the PH unit (which we love for the tent above the world feel) is a spendy option.
Spenard is offline   Reply With Quote