Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #1

Sportsmobile in Four Corners?

We are considering buying a Sportsmobile on a Sprinter chassis based on the RB-150S floor plan. We live way out in the middle of nowhere in the 4-Corners area, in Durango Colorado (heaven, but don't tell anybody). Is there an owner in the 4-Corners area: northern New Mexico, southeastern Utah, northeastern Arizona, or southwestern Colorado, who has one we can look at? The RB-150S floorplan would be ideal, but any Sportsmobile will do. Cheers, Brian and Kitty

2009 Sprinter RB custom floorplan began conversion at SMB West in August 2010, delivered December 20, 2010. Diesel furnace/water heater (Espar D5), gaucho, porta potti, exterior shower, sink, fridge, micro, vent fan, cargo storage in rear.
durangatangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Sportsmobile in Four Corners?

There's talk on the forum about a meet-up at Canyon de Chelly. Not sure if it's happening, but a search should give you an answer.

Herb
Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #3

Sent you a PM as well, but didn't know your time frame, and wanted to give you our schedule for the next couple weekend. You are more than welcome to meet up with us, or give me a call anytime to chat about the van/sprinters. We had a 2006 144 sportsmobile, and now have a 2008 170 OutsideVan.

April24th-25th - Fruita
March 1st-3rd -Moab
March 6-9 - Cortez (probably Durango on Sat night to see some friends)

Feel free to call anytime, we live up in Glenwood Springs.

Chris
970-379-6314
kripper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #4

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

I may be thru Durango around July 20,21. I will send you a PM when my schedule is confirmed.

I was raised in Cortez . . . those were the days!

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #5

Keith thanks for replying. I will PM our phone number to you, give us a call if you're coming through.
2009 Sprinter RB custom floorplan began conversion at SMB West in August 2010, delivered December 20, 2010. Diesel furnace/water heater (Espar D5), gaucho, porta potti, exterior shower, sink, fridge, micro, vent fan, cargo storage in rear.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

Howdy,

Dont know what you are looking for. We have a 2007 Sportsmobile (TX conversion) set up as a touring van (because we cant afford to fly our 3 kids anywhere anymore). The wife and I are taking our monsters camping out west this summer and we are spending 3 days/2 nights in Durango. It's one of our "Hotel" locations on the trip. We should be there Fri-Sun, June 11-13. If you are interested in taking a peek, let us know.

Our van:
2007 - Hi Top, EB length
Tow hitch
Honda Generator
4 captian chairs (in addition to the driver/passenger)
Couch/Bed conversion
Refrigerator & Microwave/Convection Oven
22" TV/DVD Combo
Roof A/C
Awning
Each seat has 12V - 110V and a reading lamp (the best thing ever!)
Porta-potti

The van is on the Sprinter Web Site: http://www.sportsmobile.com/3_tourvans.html
(3rd one down the page)

Good luck,

Steve & Kristi
sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #7

Thanks Steve and Kristi. I sent you a PM with our phone number. Please give us a call if you have time while you're here. You will love Durango!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
Howdy,

Dont know what you are looking for. We have a 2007 Sportsmobile (TX conversion) set up as a touring van (because we cant afford to fly our 3 kids anywhere anymore). The wife and I are taking our monsters camping out west this summer and we are spending 3 days/2 nights in Durango. It's one of our "Hotel" locations on the trip. We should be there Fri-Sun, June 11-13. If you are interested in taking a peek, let us know.

Our van:
2007 - Hi Top, EB length
Tow hitch
Honda Generator
4 captian chairs (in addition to the driver/passenger)
Couch/Bed conversion
Refrigerator & Microwave/Convection Oven
22" TV/DVD Combo
Roof A/C
Awning
Each seat has 12V - 110V and a reading lamp (the best thing ever!)
Porta-potti

The van is on the Sprinter Web Site: http://www.sportsmobile.com/3_tourvans.html
(3rd one down the page)

Good luck,

Steve & Kristi
A great layout for a traveling family.
mel is offline   Reply With Quote