Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 11:29 PM   #21

A bit late to the party but here's the info I have for my month old 144" pebble gray 4x4, no second alternator have the high idle option. I have the ProAir 12V for the kids in the back and the only need is while driving. Was told it would work for "a short time" while idling but haven't tested it. Was also told it doesn't work on shore power, but again, the van is a month old and haven't tested it that way. The unit has worked very well so far for keeping the kids cool in up to 110* heat crossing the Central Valley here in CA...front A/C on 1 or 2 (out of 4) and never had to put the rear above the lowest setting. Tested front only A/C and it kept it tolerable in the back...I'd guess mid/high 80's. All this was while highway driving in the same 100-105* temps so no feedback on parked/idling and this is with 2 adults and 3 kids under 10 in the van.

Complaints for the system/SMB: mounting location and duct system. Unit sits under van and is now a low hanging fruit under the body. Guess that's a SMB/communication issue (or vendor/Mercedes steering them to place it it a certain location) so do your homework there. Duct system is fairly large and is routed to reach ceiling mounted vents. It takes up room that could otherwise be used, but can be hidden in cupboards/ect. Again, probably more of a SMB/communication issue as I'm sure a set of floor or mid level/wall mounted vents could avoid the waste of space for the duct to ceiling route. Oh yeah, it's loud but since I use it while driving that's not an issue and it does kick up a ton of dust on dirt roads so make sure no one you like is behind you.

michaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #22

Any photos of the ProAir system?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
VtSoundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #23

Here's a couple pics. Not sure how useful they'll be. Let me know if you want info on ground clearance.

And of course they look fine on my phone and computer, but in preview mode they're upside down.
Attached Thumbnails
ProAir rear pic.jpg   ProAir side pic.JPG  
michaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #24

What's the BTU rating for the ProAir 12v system?

Thanks for posting the pics.
MtShasta is offline   Reply With Quote