Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #1

Sprinter Cab Seats

Are the sportsmobile sprinter cab seats comfortable for someone who is six feet tall?

SteveF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #2

Re: Sprinter Cab Seats

I don't find them terribly comfortable (06), but it has nothing to do with height. It wouldn't stop me from getting a Sprinter if that was my leaning.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

I am 6'4" and I find my Sprinter '10 comfortable. I have the seat that adjusts for your weight as well as your height. My wife however, 5'1" finds the seat a bit high and I've built a foot rest for her. The other option is to put a case of beer on the floor by her feet--works out just as well! The best part of the Sprinter for a tall guy is the windshield and its unobstructed view. DocD
docd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments jage and docd.
SteveF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #5

I used to drive a Sprinter all day every day as a delivery vehicle. I found the instrument layout, seat comfort, and peripheral view (mirrors) to be the best I've ever used. I hate to say this but I HATED it when my truck was out of service and I had to drive a Ford E350 rental for a day or two. No support, horrible mirrors (for frequent backing), etc. Funny thing is, as a recreational vehicle I love my current 2002 E350.

Oh, I'm 6'2"

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveF
Are the sportsmobile sprinter cab seats comfortable for someone who is six feet tall?
Make sure you get the upgraded suspension seats
k9sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #7

SteveF,

I would like to ask some additional questions.

You say you are 6' tall but do you have a normal, short or long torso? I have a long torso and short legs so the relationship of my upper body in the seat and to the steering wheel might be the same as yours. I find the seat very comfortable and the the overall ergonomics quite comfortable.

Everybody is so different in their preferences that it is really hard to say what is really comfortable. The "luxury" seats are fairly adjustable with seat back, seat height (kind of lifts the front), and lumbar adjustments. The only thing you can't really control is the seat angle. Note: I lied - the seat bottom is adjustable for height and tilt, I don't know what I am talking about...The seats have fairly prominent side bolsters so they do hold you well.

Were you wondering about shape and padding? It's all fine with me. I frequently drive 400 plus mile days and then turn the seat around and sit in it some more. Like most European car seats they are firm but well shaped and now the driver's seat has broken in nicely for me. The driving experience is one of the joys of owning this Sprinter based Sportsmobile for me.

One thing to note is that if you pick the suspension seats you cannot swivel them as they are deeper and have a different base, at least that's what I was told.

If you get a chance spend some time at a dealer and adjust the seat so it fits properly and see if it works for you.

Good luck.

Chumley
Charlie is the best antidote for a tough week at work. I get to see a different side of this great country and relax in different places on every trip. My vacation home is parked where money can't buy residence. Life is a long journey and my magic carpet is named Charlie.
Chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by docd
put a case of beer on the floor by her feet
How's that work on the return trip?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Quote:
Originally Posted by docd
put a case of beer on the floor by her feet
How's that work on the return trip?
My guess is she may not care...
Charlie is the best antidote for a tough week at work. I get to see a different side of this great country and relax in different places on every trip. My vacation home is parked where money can't buy residence. Life is a long journey and my magic carpet is named Charlie.
Chumley is offline   Reply With Quote