Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Site Team

Garage
Sprinter pictures

For those who are interested I added a couple more pictures of sprinters in my album. The last is a pop top model

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/album_personal.php

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #2

sprinter w/poptop?

Hi Dave (and all),

thanks for providing the pictures. I was particular interested (curious) in seeing the poptop sprinter. It looks newly produced... what SMB location is that at? (i guess Cali since that is where you are at...)

I find it curious because I did not think that the poptop was currently available for the Sprinters. I know there were a few made early on (spring) but since [early summer], they have been put on hold awaiting approval from Daimler. Or at least that is what I have been told several times by Alan F. and and Paul M. (I send each of them emails frequently asking for the latest status is on the poptop sprinters cuz I really want one... ).

Soooo, I am just wondering if that Sprinter was ordered before the "restriction" and is finally coming off the line? is it for sale? Or, are PT for Sprinters now available? Or what?

thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!

2008 Sprinter RB50 PH top
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Hi Jonathan. That was SMB west. I really didn't ask too many questions but saw two there I think. The fellow in the picture did say the interior color was requested by the owner so I assumed it was a customers van. Call them and ask for an E-mail address from one of the sales people. The vans look lower profile with the pop top down than the regular models.
Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #4

Re: sprinter w/poptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
I find it curious because I did not think that the poptop was currently available for the Sprinters. I know there were a few made early on (spring) but since [early summer], they have been put on hold awaiting approval from Daimler. Or at least that is what I have been told several times by Alan F. and and Paul M. (I send each of them emails frequently asking for the latest status is on the poptop sprinters cuz I really want one... ).
Just a followup...

I have been informed by SMB that SMB is now again putting PH tops on RB low roof sprinters...

2008 Sprinter RB50 PH top
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote