Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #41

We signed to order for the Sprinter Friday. This is the options list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OrderOptions.pdf (1.46 MB, 70 views)

TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:07 AM   #42

TomH,

Congratulations, and let the fun (or should I say, lessons in patience as you wait) begin!
Old 04-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #43

Looks good TomH. Like the Bump Outs back there...
I'm biting my tongue about the Hijack of the thread to an EPA related one! Ja Ja... would rather read your updates and see pictures when they are available.
A watched pot never boils Fitz, patience is the order of the day gentlemen.
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #44

TomH:
SITREP on Terranaut...
Old 05-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #45

There is the saying that no news is good news, but in this case of SMB saying absolutely nothing, I just don't know.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #46

TomH,
Let's give it a few weeks and you're going to hear about vans showing up at the SMBw building.
Our rig is scheduled for a late February SMBw build date, we've got a long wait to go. But, it's sounding like the 6cyl sprinters are going to start arriving relatively soon...
When they get new rigs in and start hammering out 2017 model builds, that will be a good thing.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #47

SMB contacted me this morning to say that they have reliable sources telling them that the EPA has finally cleared the 2017 6- cylinder Sprinters which have been impounded in South Carolina. They said the vans' engine software will be modified and the they will start shipping next week. I have not been able to find independent confirmation in the news, but SMB said Sprinters are being treated differently than Mercedes diesel cars because Sprinters are considered commercial vehicles. Apparently the Mercedes diesel cars have still not been approved. Interestingly, about 2 weeks ago the head of Mercedes USA said MB may be fined for past diesel 'cheating' and that MB may or may not sell diesels in the US again. But with luck, SMB's source is correct and new vans will finally start shipping next week. We'll know very soon!
OurayMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:45 AM   #48

OurayMark, good news from SMB.

Link the source on the Mercedes 'cheating' and '...may or may not sell diesel(s) ...' claim so we can read the article.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:59 AM   #49

EmMay, here are a couple of the articles. On April 26, 2017 many news outlets reported some version of this story:

Mercedes diesel risks in the US market

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...plate=mobile02

But again, SMB contacted me yesterday to say that commercial vehicles like Sprinters are being treated differently by the EPA and that the impounded Sprinters in South Carolina should be released next week after receiving a software "fix"
OurayMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:19 AM   #50

OurayMark, thanks for the links, I'm setting out to work in a sec. but will check these out a little later in the morning.
Our rig is a 170 wb, gvwr 11k plus, 6cycl and that puts it in a different category for the EPA regs for sure.