Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #1

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Turn on my lights!

If your Sprinter came with the bi-xenon headlamps option, part of the Accessory Group then you have a gripe with Dodge. That headlamp package includes cornering lights. The Sprinter is shipped with these disconnected should they be illegal. The dealer is supposed to activate the turning lights but Dodge aka Chrysler Group LLC has never provided the dealers with a way to do this.

I would like Chrysler provide a way for dealers to activate the lights we paid for. There are thousands who have this option. Sprinters sold by Roadtek, Winnebago, Sportsmobile and Dodge dealers.

If you agree here are some addresses for you. There is more information in my blog.

We can force Chrysler to help us and their dealers.

Writer or call Chrysler Group LLC here,
1-800-992-1997
M-F, 8AM-5PM
or
Chrysler Group LLC
PO Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004
or email
https://www.chryslergroupllc.com/en/contact_us/email/

On-line complaint form for the FTC here,
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...x?Lang=en#last

If you are from California, the Attorney General on-line complaint form,
http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL

Old 06-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #2

Re: Turn on my lights!

Is there no known way to activate these lights, or is it beyond the average owner?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #3

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Is there no known way to activate these lights, or is it beyond the average owner?
One owner has wired around them and his work ok but in a very limited fashion. The only way to make them work is thru the ECU. The dealer takes out the code, LG0 and puts in the code LG1. The Star system computers in Europe will do this but the Star computers Chrysler supplied to it's dealers will not. Chrysler will have to come up with a way to reprogram the ECU or face a class action suit.

Regards,

Keith
Old 06-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #4

How do owners tell if they should have these lights?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
How do owners tell if they should have these lights?
If they have bi-xenon lights, they have the turning lights also.

Regards,

Keith
Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger
Quote:
One owner has wired around them and his work ok but in a very limited fashion. The only way to make them work is thru the ECU. The dealer takes out the code, LG0 and puts in the code LG1. The Star system computers in Europe will do this but the Star computers Chrysler supplied to it's dealers will not. Chrysler will have to come up with a way to reprogram the ECU or face a class action suit.

Regards,

Keith

What about a Mercedes Dealer? Wouldnt they have the correct Star system to turn them on?

My 08 has them. I am near my first 10k service and considering using a MB dealer for the work, so I could ask them I guess.

best,
Jonathan

2008 Sprinter RB50 PH top
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #7

I would be very surprised if a MB dealer would work on your Sprinter. There are supposed to be a certain number of dealers picked to sell and work on Sprinters starting in January.

Regards,

Keith
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger
I would be very surprised if a MB dealer would work on your Sprinter. There are supposed to be a certain number of dealers picked to sell and work on Sprinters starting in January.

Regards,

Keith
Hi Keith

They have already told me they would work on it. Not sure how kosher or not that is [between Dodge and MB]... but I don't see how it would be different then taking it to any shop that was not a Dodge dealer. Should be my choice right? (realizing the implications with warranty etc).

Part of the reason I want to use the MB guys is because they will be taking over in Jan....

Interestingly tho, this particular MB dealer (one of 3 in the Denver area), was not aware of the switchover come Jan (I was talking with the Service Mgr I assume). Perhaps they are not on the list...??

regards,
Jonathan

2008 Sprinter RB50 PH top
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #9

That is great they will work on your Sprinter. Yes, they have the right computer hardware, not sure about the software to turn your lights on. In any event, they have to be better than a Dodge dealer with things like that.

I finally wired mine to a couple of toggle switches on the dash.

Regards,

Keith
Old 10-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #10

If the van is delivered with that as part of the accessory package option then you paid for it. I think I would go into the Chrysler dealership and complain in a VERY loud voice (in both the service area and sales floor) that they are not fulfilling the warranty obligation. The package that was paid for is not fully functional. Start writing to the better business bureau.

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote